2009 Fantasy Football Rejects League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the $20 I could but don't really want to go any higher than 25. As far as the draft date is there any way that we could do it in that 2 week period between preseaon and regular season. Nothing sucks more than having someone get hurt before the season even starts.

Any date works for me right now, $20 and the breakdown suggestion are fine, but my question would be how you determine 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Strictly playoffs? Round robin, double elimination? Regular season is only for seeding? I haven't looked at how the playoffs are currently set up, I'll do that tomorrow.

1st is overall winner after playoffs. 2nd and 3rd would be overall points leaders.

Just my suggestions. I would also be fine with winner take all.

Yeah, winner take all is okay with me too. Or, payouts to top 3. Are we going to charge for transactions as well? Also, what about getting the money; paypal, mail to person?

As far as scoring I say keep it pretty standard. What about starters? QB, RB, TE, WR, WR, RB/WR, DEF. I'd rather not do defensive players but if everyone else wants to thats fine.

No please please do not charge for transactions.

My opinion would be just leave everything at default but i am not too picky about that.

Here's what the roster currently looks like. No Defensive position players but there is a team defense.

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

I agree with the no fee per transaction. That could work if everyone is local but could be a big PITA otherwise.

We're closing in on some parameters. A lot of players want to go with $20. A small consensus for the 23rd as draft day.

We still need need a payout schedule and an banker.

It looks like we could add a 9th team right now so we're waiting on 1 more.

As far as payout schedule goes, I am up for anything. Winner take all is great since you get a fairly decent payout but I'd like to see a more graduated payout at least something for 2ond 3rd. It's nice to get a few bucks back and hopefully will keep people interested. I hate when you get one or two guys that just give up because they're out of it. You decided to participate so you should play out until the end. To that end. How about like a $20 payout for one of the lower or middle spots to keep those guys involved.

Yeah, a toilet bowl payout would be good for the person who takes last place. But they can't deliberately throw the game.

Also, I'd say at least make TE a mandatory position rather than TE/WR and keep the WR/RB slot.

As far as playoffs, top 8 make the playoffs, single elimination, start in week 12 or 13 so starters are still playing for the championship (week 15 or 16) Nothing worse than having your starters benched in the championship game in week 17.

Here's what the roster currently looks like. No Defensive position players but there is a team defense.

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

I agree with the no fee per transaction. That could work if everyone is local but could be a big PITA otherwise.

We're closing in on some parameters. A lot of players want to go with $20. A small consensus for the 23rd as draft day.

We still need need a payout schedule and an banker.

I am still casting my vote for a draft sometime between 09/05 and 09/10. That way all the preseason games will be over and no more injuries to worry about.

Who is the longest paid member here (other than me :D) or do we have any lifetime members?

Yeah, a toilet bowl payout would be good for the person who takes last place. But they can't deliberately throw the game.

Also, I'd say at least make TE a mandatory position rather than TE/WR and keep the WR/RB slot.

As far as playoffs, top 8 make the playoffs, single elimination, start in week 12 or 13 so starters are still playing for the championship (week 15 or 16) Nothing worse than having your starters benched in the championship game in week 17.

I agree about both the TE and think that championship should be week 15.

I can banker if we want a lifetime member to do it. I'd prefer to keep it all paypal if possible.

$20 sounds like a fair amount to me, and the 23rd will work fine for me as well. I'm out of town 9/4-9/8 so those days are out.

I think weeks 14, 15, 16 (8 teams) is going to be the best yahoo option for playoffs. Thats what I use in my other leagues and never really have a problem with starters on the bench.

Edit: I also agree that TE should be a required position.

I really like Yahoo, but the playoffs are definitely one area that needs more flexibility. That flexibility might exist in the paid version, but I'm not sure.

I like the tight end. The other league that I run went with the TE/WR option because they wanted to boost the scoring. We didn't even use any negative points last year because of that.

As far as playoffs go. The last potential wee for playoffs are 16 and 17 due to the bye week. The other league that run with 8 teams does playoffs week 15 and 16 and then Yahoo pairs people up for week 17.

I think that we should set a cutoff date for league size. Once it's frozen we can put together a list of options and then vote with majority rules setting the decisions.

When do you want to set the cutoff date?

So why don’t we try and finalize things:

How many teams? We had a 9th person interested in joining. My son said that he would fill out the tenth spot if we want. Let me know. ADX are you still interested?

What date to close the voting?

Scoring any other suggestions?

TE or WR/TE?

How much to buy-in?

Payout?

Banker?

Payment due on what date?

Draft day/time?

If I’ve missed anything please let me know and add it to the list. I’ll tally the results. I also need a way to track responses so please add your team name to your response. I’ll put my responses in the next reply.

Here’s my responses:

When to close the voting?

I think we should keep the voting open until Thursday 8/13, finalize, and then get ready for the draft.

Scoring?

Let’s leave it the way it is.

TE or WR/TE?

I like the TE idea.

How much to buy-in?

$20 seems reasonable.

Payout?

8 teams --- $100 1st, $40 2ond, $20 5th. 10 Teams --- $140 1st, $40 2ond, $20 5th.

Banker?

It was suggested that a long-time member be the banker so that leaves me out. Any volunteers?

I’d like to see it before the draft but that does not leave us much time so let’s look at before the 1st game.

Draft date/time?

I’m open for any date/time except Sunday 8/23 from 1-5 pm eastern. I’ve got an in person draft for another league at that time.

How many teams? We had a 9th person interested in joining. My son said that he would fill out the tenth spot if we want. Let me know. ADX are you still interested?

I would say Friday afternoon

Just leave at default

TE or WR/TE?

TE

How much to buy-in?

20 or 25

Payout?

Don't really care

Banker?

I think a lifetime member volunteered but I am not sure who it was

before draft

Draft day/time?

I am open to most times

If I’ve missed anything please let me know and add it to the list. I’ll tally the results. I also need a way to track responses so please add your team name to your response. I’ll put my responses in the next reply.

my answers are in bold

With my responses added in bold...

End of the week sounds reasonable.

Looks good as-is.

TE or WR/TE?

TE.

How much to buy-in?

Any amount less than 50.

Payout?

Up in the air. I'd like to see the regular season mean more than playoff seeding, though.

Banker?

I say the paid member who joined the forum earliest. Whoever that is...

End of the month seems reasonable.

Draft day/time?

Any weekday after 8pm, or any time on a weekend that isn't this Sunday or Labor Day weekend.

Kelsch = Barstool Quarterbacks

End of the week
Looks good
TE or WR/TE?
TE
How much to buy-in?
$20
Payout?
Doesn't matter to me
Banker?
I volunteered earlier. I'm not super excited to do it but I can if no one else wants to.
I've always done by week 1 in my other leagues but no of those were online like this. Not sure about this one.
Draft day/time?
Not labor day weekend. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are bad for me. Most evenings are good. Later is better.

My answers in bold. My team is Blood Sweat n Beers.

I'm too lazy to bold my responses, but I'm the Rubber City Trojans. My answers are as follows:

EOW
TE
$20 or $25
No preference
Anyone is fine with me
By draft day
Most evenings are fine.

I'm still interested. Answers below.

I'm still interested

No comment

TE or WR/TE?

TE

How much to buy-in?

$20-$25

Payout?

3rd gets buy-in back, 2nd gets double buy-in, 1st takes rest

Should we factor in PayPal fees if going that route though?

Banker?

Before the draft

Draft day/time?

Any day after 8/14, but before 9/7. That way it gives you a week-ish to make any post draft trades. Evening after 7PM EDT are best.

Should we factor in PayPal fees if going that route though?

There is a way to avoid fees but I cant remember what it is. I think it is something along the lines of just sending money and not for services or stuff.

Here’s my responses:

End of the week.

Looks good as-is.

TE or WR/TE?

TE.

How much to buy-in?

$20 - $25 is reasonable

Payout?

Something for the regular season, then top 2 or 3.

Banker?

Lifetime member sounds like a good call

Prior to draft makes sense

Draft day/time?

Any weekday after 8pm, or any time on a weekend should work. I'm on dialup so I'm screwed any which way.

red82mtu = Fah Q

Team Schweaty Balls

End of Week

TE or WR/TE?
TE

How much to buy-in?
20 or 25
Payout?
Doesn't matter

Banker?
Someone who is responsible. So it probably shouldn't be me.

Before Draft

Draft day/time?
Sunday Nights

Here is the trend of the answers so far:

ADX wants in and I don’t want to exclude anyone. I’m going to PM him and open the league to ten teams. I’ll let my son know to sign-up this evening. In the mean time if another member fills the spot so be it.

No exact counts yet but the trend is as follows:

Scoring?

The consensus so far is to leave it as is.

TE or WR/TE?

TE is ahead by far. I changed it already.

Payout?
There are a couple suggestions without any clear leader. I’ll compile and list at the end of voting. Thos with a preference want someone to get their buy-in back.

Banker:

liquidicem has graciously stepped up to fill the position. The offer was made earlier and I forgot about it. MUCH THANKS!!!!!

Payment due date:

Trend payment due before the draft.

Draft Date:

Evenings are good for most. Maybe we look to do 8/23 or 8/30 7:00 or 8:00 pm? I dunno? I want to find a time when everyone can make the live draft. 9/6 is not good for either me/my son (He’s getting married on 9/6). Kelsch/”Barstool Quaterbacks” requested that we don’t go labor day weekend either.

I’ll continue to tally and will post an update tomorrow and final results either Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Oh, if it is a Wednesday or Thursday night then I will not be able to do the draft until 8:30 atleast

I'm in as the Hop Devils. Draft can be any day except for 8/31. I would be good with either 8/23 or 8/30

Here’s my responses:

When to close the voting?

doesnt really matter to me, thursday or friday sounds good.
Scoring?

the way it is sounds good to me.

TE or WR/TE?

I like the TE idea.

How much to buy-in?

$20

Payout?

8 teams --- $100 1st, $40 2ond, $20 5th. 10 Teams --- $140 1st, $40 2ond, $20 5th. this works for me also but im flexible on it

Banker?

It was suggested that a long-time member be the banker so that leaves me out.

Before the draft if possible but before the 1st game at the latest.

Draft date/time?

I’m open for any date/time except if its on a weekday i prefer at night.

bkov = bkov

so in the end, we'll have an even amount of people total for sure? so no1 has to deal with bye weeks

I just scanned the additional replies and new responses pretty much similar to the earlier ones. We're at 10 teams so we filled the league. I'll gather all the info and post an update either tomorrow evening or Saturday morning.

Lets have some fun.

My other league has scheduled our draft for the 25th, so if we could avoid that night, it'd work better for me.

Voting is closed. Although commentary is still OK.

Scoring will be kept as is.

TE or WR/TE?

TE

How much to buy-in?

Most responses were $20-25. There were a few that expressed a preference for $20 specifically so let’s go with $20.

Payout?

No real consensus here a couple guys were open to anything. A couple guys wanted to see the regular season winner get rewarded in some way. I’m going to throw out a suggestion and let you guys throw rocks at me.

The pot is 10 Teams/$200.

Regular Season $40. Playoff winner $100. Playoff runner up $40. $20 payout to 5th. I like paying something to the middle/bottom of the pack. I have been playing fantasy football since the 80s and always play until the end no matter where I am in the standings but have seen some give up if they have no chance of winning. The small chance of winning seems to keep some people interested.

Banker?

As mentioned earlier liquidicem stepped up. Let us know how you would like us to get the payment to you. THANKS AGAIN!

Before the draft as long as liquidicem can handle the arrangements by that time.

Draft day/time?

Labor Day weekend is out. I like to rule out next Sunday 8/23 as well and say let’s go for 8/30 at 8:30 PM eastern. This will give us almost 2 weeks to get payment to liquidicem. (NOTE: I tried for 8PM eastern but all of those slots must already be filled. It only offered me :30 or :45 as start times).

Latest posts

Back