20 lb co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeketpf

Reaction score
I have a line on some 20 lb tanks for $45 for one or $40 ea for more. Seems like a good deal, but I am building a small keezer, 5 cu ft, w/ up to 3 cornies. Dont want the tank on the outside either. Should I do it? Should I get one at this price and trade it for a smaller one? Thanks guys.

If you've got a gas fill place that does exchanges, they'll usually trade to any other size tank. However, i'd try to get them to do the first downside exchange for free since you're losing some value in the deal.

What's the hydro test date on your cheap cylinders. You may have to pay extra when you exchange them if they are out of date.

I have three twenty pound tanks. I keep one in the keezer, and I keep one for purging and topping off kegs and 2 liter soda bottles, and one spare.
I'm going to swap one of the CO2 bottles for an oxygen tank next time one is empty.
Make sure that these tanks are not Pepsi or Coke owned tanks, they'll be painted blue. I had a hell of a time getting mine filled. Good Luck.

I asked about the hydro test date; guy said they were in date. He also said they were used on a soda fountain so I'll definitely check for coke/pepsi stamps. I called around about filling/swapping and LHS and welding store both say $45, fire equip supply was even higher. I've read some say they can find filling for $15, but dont know where. Filling a 5lb is $25 so this will save $ if it fits my to-be-built keezer.

$12 for a 5lb swap here.

Also, you'll be cramped fitting 2 cornies in a 5cu freezer, let alone 3 and a 20lb cylinder.

Back