• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20 gallon kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Staples Update international 80 qt aluminum and lid is somewhere around $80-90 and free shipping.

Those concord kettles do look nice though.

Admitting that I am a complete newb, I thought I remembered that it wasn't a good idea to use an aluminum pot for brewing. Something about reactions with the metal, I can't remember exactly, it's been a while. Have you heard anything about that?

I have the Thunder Group 100 Quart Aluminum Stock Pot from Amazon (25 gallon). I do 15 gallon batches most often but did a 20 gallon batch once.

Works great!

Admitting that I am a complete newb, I thought I remembered that it wasn't a good idea to use an aluminum pot for brewing. Something about reactions with the metal, I can't remember exactly, it's been a while. Have you heard anything about that?

Aluminum is fine for a brew kettle. You just need to passivate it before the first use. Boil some water in it for 30 minutes and it's ready for brewing.

has anyone bought the concord and welded or use the weldless attachment for a spigot, or thermometer?

I just put together three concord 100qt kettles. I soldered in 10 of the brewhardware pull though fittings. They are solid kettles for the price.

Back