20 Gal Kettle - SS vs. Anvil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaplePaddle

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these products that may assist in my decision? I already know I don't need a sight glass and will rely on internal markings.

I know that this does not directly answer your question but have you also considered Spike Brewing and their 20 gallon kettle? I have many of their kettles and they are all extremely nice.

Not answering your question but my 20 gallon Stainless Concord pot off Ebay has been going strong for 4 years and looks like new. Will literally last forever.

I have a 20 gal SS Brewtech kettle and I love it. The temperature probe is a little high on the kettle if you only plan on doing 5 gallon batches, but everything about it is sweet. The gallon markings on the side are clear and accurate and the trub guard at the bottom is a pretty nice option to get as much clear beer into the fermenter as possible.

But like some of the other posters have said, I wouldn't limit yourself to just SS or Anvil. There are some other really good stainless steel kettles that might be just as good, if not better, but could be a little cheaper.

I don't think you'll go wrong with whichever kettle you decide on.

Back