• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida (2) Wort Chillers - counterflow and immersion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr5ed

Silent Five Brewing
Reaction score
Two chillers being sold together.

- Exchilerator Maxx counterflow chiller
- NY Brew Supply stainless immersion chiller

In central Florida the groundwater can be 80 degrees or more in the summer. I run garden hose water through the stainless immersion chiller till the wort is 120 degrees F, then I pump the wort through inner copper tube of the Exchilerator while recirculating ice water in a cooler through the outer red tube of the Exchilerator in the opposite direction. I can have 6.5 to 7 gallons of boiling wort down to 68 degrees in less than 15 minutes - even when the garden hose water is 80+ degrees.

The NY Brew Supply stainless immersion chiller has thick-wall tubing extensions and swivel female garden hose couplings.

All for $150 firm - cash, PayPal, or credit card (swipe only). Local pickup only (32703 - Apopka, FL) - no shipping.

Exchilerator-Max.jpg
SS-chiller.jpg

Yes, sorry

I want them but will be in Italy until 16 April

If you’ll hold them I’ll commit, if you can’t understood

Yes, sorry

I want them but will be in Italy until 16 April

If you’ll hold them I’ll commit, if you can’t understood

I am out of town until the 4th of April. I will let you know when I get back - I have someone else here asking about them as well.

jalc6927 - Just checking to ensure your intentions. I have a couple of inquiries and want to verify I should continue to hold. Please respond before tomorrow night if possible.

Latest posts

Back