2 Tap Tower: Keg Connection or Keg Cowboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurls

Reaction score
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2 Tap Tower.

I purchased my initial draft system (2 kegs, 2 picnic taps, dual reg and 5lb CO2 tank) from Keg Connection last year. I was very happy with the service and the equipment has worked great.

Now I'm ready to convert my Sanyo 4912 mini fridge into a kegerator. I need a 2tap tower and plan on upgrading to perlick taps (and will need 2 liquid side quick disconnects as well).

I'm looking at both sites and Keg Cowboy seems to have the better deal ($20+ cheaper).

Has anyone out there ordered a tower from Keg Cowboy? Any comments on the service and quality of the tower would be helpful.

Open to any other advise on the coversion as well.

Give us a call. We will be happy to tell you all about the tower or any other product we carry. In this instance this is the same tower that any of our competitors carry. Sometimes we carry our own super insulated brand, but right now I believe we are all selling similar if not the same towers-all of which are exactly what is used in bars and restaurants.

I have a dual from Keg Cowboy - very happy with it.

One thing that Keg Cowboy did that I didn't see as an option anywhere else was the ability to upgrade to the Perlick faucets for only the upcharge difference. Most places you order the dual tower with basic faucets, then pay full price for the Perlick faucets to replace them. That was a nice option that helped keep the price lower.

Keg Cowboy has really great customer service. I spoke with Brad on the phone a few days ago and was really helpful at making sure I got exactly what I wanted. I spoke with a few other places on the phone and they basically said "Just go onto our site and find what you want." Some other places also weren't willing to adjust the conversion kits to my needs.

I spent a while looking for the best deals and Keg Cowboy was it by far.

http://acumetalfab.com/products1.html

I have a 3" draft arm with three taps, and a friend has a 4" with four taps, and these stainless towers are far far better than the standard towers. I suggest getting it taller than standard for filling larger containers. Then all you need is the perlicks, shanks, and tap handles. Get the perlicks (and tap handles if you want) here:

http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=41

Then get the shanks here:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-cid-338.html

It might be more expensive, but far far cheaper than doing it twice like I did!

I'm going to have to concur with a resounding KEG COWBOY.

Brad's been super helpful getting me set up and prices are always right.

Looks like Kegcowboy has a proven customer service track record. I have dealt with CHI in the past and like cowboy they will sit on the phone and work with you as you try to explain that "shiny doohickey with the groove I need". They messed up a small order on me once and I was shocked when I did not even have to argue with them, they simply fixed the problem.

Just to clarify on my original post I was not saying these fine vendors were not commercial quality. What I was trying to convey is nothing compares with a tower that is more complex then the standard T or pipe. Just leave your options open to something more ornate if you are going to have draft on demand for many years. You will never regret having a showpiece dispensing beer. Pretty sure both the above vendors do carry some of that stock as well.

http://acumetalfab.com/products1.html

I have a 3" draft arm with three taps, and a friend has a 4" with four taps, and these stainless towers are far far better than the standard towers. I suggest getting it taller than standard for filling larger containers. Then all you need is the perlicks, shanks, and tap handles. Get the perlicks (and tap handles if you want) here:

http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=41

Then get the shanks here:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-cid-338.html

It might be more expensive, but far far cheaper than doing it twice like I did!

We sell all of the same stuff and same brands but for less.

We sell all of the same stuff and same brands but for less.

With all due respect, and keeping in mind that I would love to purchase stuff from you because you are in TX: baloney.

Your faucets are five dollars more per faucet, you don't even sell elbow shanks seperately, much less stainless ones, nor do you have stainless dual faucet towers (and I imagine no custom heights). ACU makes them custom so you can have one tall enough to pour a growler without tilting which is extremely helpful for avoiding spills. The total cost for my three faucet tower all the way to the kegs was about $230; by my estimate a two faucet tower in the same configuration would be about $190. That is higher than your chrome tower with the same faucets, but not by much and you get a far nicer stainless tower and stainless elbow shanks and you have to keep in mind that the tower is custom made to your specifications!

Edit: You do have a pretty good price on a nitrogen reg that I may pick up from you sometime soon!

I have been very happy with my purchase from Kegconnection.com, but wouldn't hesitate to order from KegCowboy. It might be worth noting that Kegconnection has free shipping right now!

With all due respect, and keeping in mind that I would love to purchase stuff from you because you are in TX: baloney.

Your faucets are five dollars more per faucet, you don't even sell elbow shanks seperately, much less stainless ones, nor do you have stainless dual faucet towers (and I imagine no custom heights). ACU makes them custom so you can have one tall enough to pour a growler without tilting which is extremely helpful for avoiding spills. The total cost for my three faucet tower all the way to the kegs was about $230; by my estimate a two faucet tower in the same configuration would be about $190. That is higher than your chrome tower with the same faucets, but not by much and you get a far nicer stainless tower and stainless elbow shanks and you have to keep in mind that the tower is custom made to your specifications!

Edit: You do have a pretty good price on a nitrogen reg that I may pick up from you sometime soon!

I guess I would have to see what your configuration is for the dual tower - Our two faucet chrome tower is only $89 which is a lot less than $190. Our stainless steel faucet (currently out of stock) is a 15" tall 3" diameter which we heavily insulate to avoid sweating. I guess send me a photo if we are talking about two different things and we will consider adding custom towers to our line up since we now have a metal works at our disposal. As far as stainless shanks, elbows etc. we do have those items but have not gotten them up on the website yet ( we add on average 6 new products a week and are currently over 500) - If you don't see it just call and thanks for the heads up on the new product suggestion.

Thanks to all for your replys. I placed my order this past Friday with Keg Cowboy. I'm hoping to get my system up and running for Thanksgiving. I will post the results....

Looks like Kegcowboy has a proven customer service track record. I have dealt with CHI in the past and like cowboy they will sit on the phone and work with you as you try to explain that "shiny doohickey with the groove I need". They messed up a small order on me once and I was shocked when I did not even have to argue with them, they simply fixed the problem.

Just to clarify on my original post I was not saying these fine vendors were not commercial quality. What I was trying to convey is nothing compares with a tower that is more complex then the standard T or pipe. Just leave your options open to something more ornate if you are going to have draft on demand for many years. You will never regret having a showpiece dispensing beer. Pretty sure both the above vendors do carry some of that stock as well.

I like the fact that they have the lowest prices because they start at the lowest prices. They don't make you go out and find the lowest price and then match it as a last resort simply because they know at that point that you are not going to buy from them anyway.

I used kegcowboy and had some problems assembling my faucet to get it to stop leaking. However, after calling kegcowboy customer support, their friendly team helped me to diagnose the problem, and fix it. If I did not fix it, they would have replaced anything that didn't work. Excellent price, A++++ customer support.
Hope that helps,
Matt

I live down the street from keg cowboy and have always been pleased with their service and pricing. Thumbs up!

another happy Keg cowboy customer, however I wish I would have customized ordered on my "kit" because I ended up with shanks and tail pieces I am not using because I have dual perlick towers. I could have added some more hose and oetiker clamps instead. now I am scrambling about trying to find said clamps and not get raped on shipping when my parts are less than a dollar.

-=Jason=-

Gentlemen, Houston has a new homebrew shop............ingredients are in available for sale prices online to follow. Thank you everyone!

Back