2 New brews per week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPBrewLI

Reaction score
Anyone experiment a lot with small batches?

I'm about to start a brew cycle with 1 gallon batches.
2 brews per week 2 weeks fermenting 2 weeks conditioning, might be enough to drink 2 per day and put 2 of each batch away to age :mug:

Not really, but close.
The next time I have some ales in the fermentation chamber, I plan to add 6 half gallon mason jars with airlock to ferment small 0.4 gallons batches of different base malts.
I plan to use each jar to fill a 1 liter bottle, prime and let sit for a few weeks.

One night, I'll break these bottles out and taste them all and pick which base malts to buy a sack of.
One pilsner and one pale.

After that is over, I plan to run through different crystal malts and get a good handle on them all.

And then...

By the way, I like your avatar!

Not that much, but I think I brewed 23 batches my first year. They were mostly 2.5 gallon batches. It helped me learn, and try different styles, recipes and methods. Another advantage of small batches is that they can often be brewed with inexpensive or on hand equipment.
There was an active thread titled "One Gallon Brewers Unite" or similar.

I brewed (I think) 15 small batches my first year. I may have done more if I had a second fermentor. Honestly, I learned A LOT by brewing regularly like that, so I would imagine that brewing more often would be even more of a benefit. 4x a month is a lot of brewing, good luck if you can knock out that many batches in a year.

Nope. The opposite actually. We’re hoping to hit 30+ BBLS this year. 1.5 down so far... got a ways to go. :)

Well i can't keep up with 2 but have been at least doing 1 per week.
Made a cider last week and LHBS was closed when i stopped in otherwise i'd have a scotch ale going too.
Been sampling a bunch of porters the past couple weeks, that may be next on my list.
I may feel ready to start the 5 gallon batches in a month or 2 and have 6 corney kegs to use now.

Latest posts

Back