2 in 1: Keg Cleaner and Beer Line Cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KavDaven

Reaction score
I have submersible pump that I'm putting in a bucket of PBW or Beer Line cleaner or starsan or just water.

Then I have CIP Ball that I'll attach to a 1/2" copper pipe which will attach to the pump.

I'll place a Tee then a Tee to branch off two connections for corny keg posts.

The idea being that when I don't have anything connected to the keg posts then the pump will feed just the ball. If I remove the ball, and cap the tube, connect my beer line to one of the keg posts, I'll be able to circulate cleaner through the beer line and the faucet will dump to the bucket. Or I could connect both keg posts to my dirty keg and lower the keg over the ball to clean the internals of the keg.

Cornelius Plug Adapter - 1/4" MPT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064OMY28/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1WMQWBMLRKDN

Which should attach to
1/2'' x 1/4'' Wrought Copper Pressure Reducing Female Adapter C x FTG
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AR6TN9U/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2VUAS4BLQTU3W

All that to say, I don't know what C x FTG means. I want to solder the female 1/4" NPT to the 1/2" copper tube. Am I looking at the right product?

Last edited by a moderator:
FTGxC means the fitting is the same size as that size pipe, instead of slightly larger or slightly larger so other pipe can slide over or into it. The C means it has the cup (adapter) so other pipe can fit into that pipe. For example, if you have a 1" Ftg, and try to connect a 1"pipe into it, you can't, because they're the same size. The C is the connector. Your second link doesn't work, but provided it's threaded also, then yes, it should work.

Back