• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio 2 head bottle filling system with vacuum & purge. ($300)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmilliron

Reaction score
SOLD!

I got tired of my BeerGun (which I also just put up for sale here) so I built this thing as a fun side project.

This is a McKissack-style 2-head bottle filler with the addition of a vacuum system. The vacuum pump removes air, then you backfill with with CO2 only for ultra oxygen-free bottle filling. Aquarium valves control the vacuum, the counterpressure fillers are the deluxe models from MoreBeer. I've bottled hundreds (thousands? yikes.) of bottles with this thing by myself. It's way faster than a beer gun - check out for an idea of how it works.

Two main differences between my system & McKissack's are mine only has two heads (but there is space to add a third) and mine has vacuum purge capability.

Honestly the whole thing is kinda overkill for a homebrewer but pretty fun to use once you get the hang of it. :cool:

You get everything in the photos that's attached to the white bottling stand - including the stand, silicone tubing and fittings. The 90 bottle tree and 6 bottle rinser is included. The CO2 bottle and corny keg in the photo are NOT included. I'll be happy to help guide you through the first setup via text or skype or whatever too. This thing is kind of my baby so I want to know it's going to a good home. :eek:

Other notes: You'll need some tubing and a pump to feed sanitizer (I use StarSan) to the bottle rinser. It sits in a big pot/tub (also not included), just like in the video. This only works from a keg. You could probably rig it up to work from a pressurized fermenter if you're handy. The beer needs to be in a pressurized container for this system to work!

Whole system is yours for $300 firm plus whatever shipping costs ($30-40? Whole system is ~20-25 lbs or so.) I am in Toledo, OH if you want to pick it up.

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't bottled in a long time but I just wanted to say that is seriously cool. It made me think about bottling again just to try it out. I hope you find a good home for it!

Back