• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana 2 BBL Stout Tank Brewery $4000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosierbilly

Reaction score
I am selling my 2 BBL equipment. I have brewed around 10 1bbl and 2bbl batches on this setup. I also have a 10gal brewery as well, I am wanting to sell this and build a dedicated 1bb brewery for all my needs (already have my 10gal equipment sold.) One of the metal sight glass housings (on the BK in the pics) was very slightly bent/bowed during shipping as seen in the pics, but I didn't bother to have it replaced because it works just fine and I don't use the sight glasses anyway. Other than that everything is in great shape.

$4000 gets you:
75 Gal Kettle with tangential inlet and sight glass

http://conical-fermenter.com/BK75TW-TI-SG.html

65 gal MLT

http://conical-fermenter.com/30-Gal...ll-Thermometer-and-Recirculating-Fitting.html

40 gal HLT

http://conical-fermenter.com/HL40TW-SG.html

80 gal Conical
http://conical-fermenter.com/80-Gallon-Conical-Fermenter.html

Stands for each vessel I made (if you want them), the third stand isn't shown in the picture but it is a simple cross, no space for a burner, I usually use this as the stand for the HLT since I heat all the water in the BK on top of the 3 burners, then pump the hot water at around 180* into the HLT before sparging, come time to sparge it is usually slightly under 170*.

Three banjo burners with 0-30 PSI regulators with 10ft hoses.

(In the pictures the stand for MLT shows a banjo burner in it, I only have 3 total burners that I usually leave on the main stand for the BK, but one of them can easily be placed under the Mash if the temp gets too low, but with the amount of thermal mass in that big of a mash I usually don't see much temp loss, insulation would help but I have found it usually only looses a couple degrees over an hour, deepening on outside air temp of course.)

I have over $5K in the system, and that's after a 6 month wait!
I am located in central Indiana and I am willing to work with you as far as pick up or possibly meeting somewhere closer to you.

Cheers!
kettles.jpg

BK.jpg

MLT.jpg

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg

fermenter.jpg

brewing.jpg

These ingredients do not come with the package, just here to show what all went into one of my batches of lawnmower ale from a while back.

I currently have 2 bbl of a pale ale fermenting, but the fermenter will be empty and ready to go in another week or so.

I don't have exact heating times, but these burners heat the water/wort up quickly. On my last brew a couple weeks ago I had the strike water heated up faster than I could crush the grain and then later I had the first sparge up to a boil before the second sparge was finished (I batch sparge using a march pump to recirculate during the mash and then pump out into the BK, then pump the sparge water from the HLT to MLT, recirculate for 10min, then pump from MLT to BK, valves wide open.)

Propane use is very reasonable as well. On this last 2BBL brew I started with three full 20lb tanks and I would estimate that they were still at least 1/2 to 2/3 full at the end of the day. Once up to temp it can easily maintain a nice boil with only one burner running, however I usually just keep all three running but quite low. Any questions feel free to ask!

That's an awesome setup and price but I'm a 10-12 gal brewer (with a 20 gal electric version of this Stout setup). I saw in the second pic of the mash tun (3rd one down) there look like little bolts around the false bottom. Did the FB come that way or did you modify it? Just curious as to what the bolts did.

Thanks and best of luck with the sale!!

Thanks! The false bottom came with those bolts in it, I assume it is either to help support the center of it from collapsing under the weight of the grain and/or to allow you to adjust it up and down.

Back