2 14g fermenters for $100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, I saw those too...good thing I have no intention of brewing in that quantity any time soon because a noob like me may have gotten screwed!

It seems to me that he's not even getting his money back. I paid just over $50 with tax from Petsmart, then added the grommet for the blow off tube and the spigot on the bottom, probably around $7 if I hadn't taken them off of the old 6 gallon bucket then add the airlocks at around $1.50 each. He probably has about $117+ in them. So yes, he over priced them, but not by that much, and it will save someone the trouble of drilling the holes. Now if he scored the sides at the seal to make it more cleanable (so you can take the top gasket off), that alone would make it worth the price. Just my 2 cents.

The one I made was from a 15gl open head drum like the ones usplastics sell. I put on a BB racking adapter. For about $50, it's pretty awesome...

I bought a couple of those to store my grains in. Keeps the grain dry and keeps the mice out. Never would have thought to use one as a fermenter. Maybe because buckets are so cheap...

I was a member here for a little bit but quit drinking due to health issues. I bought these from EC Kraus wine making supplies with the spigots/air locks already installed. i didnt buy them both at the same time so I didnt get the discount for buying 2 at the same time, I paid around $65 a piece for them. I didnt go to a pet food store and make them. I paid around $130 for them and figured that since they were almost new I would post them at $100 a see what happened.

I think for you to say "oh good thing a newb like me might get screwed" is a bit over the top. $50 a piece for these isnt unreasonable and who's to say i wouldn't take a lower offer.

If you see it as gouging or whatever that's fine, go to petsmart or wherever and make your own. I just didn;t want to mess around with drilling holes and installing spigots, it was easier to buy them pre made.

If you don't like the price you don't have to buy em!

I apologize if you take my post as offensive. I was just stating, based on others saying they were 40 and the appearance to a noob that they were the same.

Previous statement retracted. I didn't realize there was a difference, now with the link I can see it. Seems like it might be an ok deal

Latest posts

Back