1st time on the new beer tree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the first time using the beer tree I built. I am making an American Wheat Ale today. I will continue with the pics and updates as the day goes on. So far, so good.:ban:

Here is a pic of one side. The top keggle is heating strike water. Got two heat sticks in the mashtun with some water just to preheat as I don't recirculate with this set up.

Set Up 2.jpg

And here's my youngest daughter adding the grain for me.:mug:

In Goes the Grain.jpg

Here is the tree converted to boil the wort. When I designed and built this this, I only had one burner. I designed it so that the keggles do not sit on the burner. When I am ready to boil my strike water, I slide the burner under the upper keggle and put the propane tank on the shelf on the back side. When I'm ready to boil the wort, I place the tank on the ground and slide the burner under the boil keggle. First time using it but so far I really like it.

Converted to boil wort.jpg

Hops measured and then hop addition. This is the first hop addition. Centennial pellets boiled for 60 minutes.

Centennial Hops Measured and Ready.jpg

Adding Centennial Hops for a 60 minute boil.jpg

Here are the Cascade hop pellets and Irish moss all rady and then adding them to the boil at 45 minutes.

Cascade Ready.jpg

Adding Cascade.jpg

Here is the wort as it is coming out of the CFC and then me pitching the yeast. I hope you all have enjoyed the show. It was a lot of fun taking the pics and keeping the thread updated. Now the yeasties are settling into their new home in a nice dark closet floating in cooled wort. I'm no master brewer but I and my friends think I make tastey beer. Hopefully this can inspire some others. This beer tree was built with a total cost of about $15.00. Of course that doesn't include the keggles, mashtun or burner. Check out my other build thread or let me know if you would like to have some additional pics or details of the tree build.

Blessed be the mother that gives birth to a brewer.

Cooled Wort.jpg

Pitching Yeast.jpg

Back