1st time connecting kegging equipment and puzzled!~

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cugel

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just connected my new-ish co2 regulator to a CO2 tank yesterday for the 1st time. I just want to connect the equipment together and see if it's all working well before I start to fill the keg with quality homebrew.

The gauge showing the tank's pressure seems to work fine - have about 800 psi - but I cannot get the other gauge (goes from 0-60psi) to budge at all. Can't find leaks - used soapy water to check.

Any ideas where to go next? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Ah. Thanks... I just tried loosening that nut with said screwdriver and it worked just fine!!!! It makes more sense that the co2 flow is controlled by a nut than just by a simple lever.

Many thanks to all for your help!!!!

I am pretty new to kegging too but something i figured out early on was when i was turning the screw to raise pressure, after i got the desired pressure, i had to turn the screw back about half a turn or else i could hear a leak.

Redskins838892 said:
I am pretty new to kegging too but something i figured out early on was when i was turning the screw to raise pressure, after i got the desired pressure, i had to turn the screw back about half a turn or else i could hear a leak.

What you could have heard was the flow of gas as you increased the pressure. It would continue to flow till it reached the desired pressure, then stop.

That is what i thought might have been happening. Just the CO2 tank slowly filling up the last few fractions of PSI but i let it be for about 10 minutes and i still heard it. A quick half turn in the opposite direction silenced it. Maybe i just have a retarded regulator.

Back