1st batch turned out awesome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alimacoz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my first batch of beer with you all, it was a coopers lager that came with the kit, i bottled it 11 days ago and after trying it after 7 days i was a bit dissapointed with it, it tasted pretty bad but i have just tasted it again tonight after having a bottle in the fridge for 24 hours and it's awesome!

I cant believe how much its improved in such a short space of time, i cant wait to try this after a few weeks!

Anyway thanks everyone for all of your help in getting started, i've just bottled my second batch tonight which was a coopers ginger beer and started another batch of Brewcraft Premium Fremantle Pale Ale which i'm really looking forward to.

cl1.jpg

cl2.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

Thanks, head retention isn't great at the moment but i'm proud of it as it's my first!

Looks good! My first batch came out good, but it took a while. I fermented too hot and it took about 6 weeks for the off flavors to go away. That's a nice clear looking beer though. :mug:

Thanks camride, i'm really looking forward to trying this after it has ages a bit, i was surprised at how clear it turned out too and the taste difference between 7 and 12 days in the bottle was amazing, it went from me wanting to pour the whole batch down the sink to wanting to drink another and wishing that i'd put more than one in the fridge!

I'll give you one piece of advise, don't drink it all too quickly. It will continue to get better over the coming weeks and you'll be kicking yourself if you went through most of it before it got really good. I did that with my Irish Red, kept trying it to see if it was getting better. By the time it was good I had less than half the batch left.

Latest posts

Back