1st batch bottled - thanks to this forum!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeastFeast

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just bottled my first batch yesterday. Thanks to countless hours of reading on this forum, I get the feeling this first batch is going to be good! It sure looks and smells good anyway. The flat and warm beer even tasted pretty good before I bottled it.

Here's a small glimpse into the process I documented:

1st day:
ry%3D400

2nd day:
ry%3D400

3rd day:
ry%3D400

29th day, bottling day! Great tip attaching the bottling wand to the bucket, it worked great!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I only did a 1/2 batch of a brewing kit. Ended up with 1 2/3 gallons (16 12-oz bottles) so not sure what I did there. Actually, I don't think I filled enough water after the boil and also lost some checking gravity trying to figure out the siphon (have since purchased an auto-siphon). All-in-all a great experience, can't wait to get my 2nd batch going!

Thanks for looking.

Yeah, I got into it just a few months ago. So far, not including a Mr Beer kit few years back, made 3 1 gallon and 2 5 gallon brews. This site has become an obsession. I really don't understand alot of what I'm doing but this forum has brought me a long way.

Heck I get a place with an extra fridge might make my wife a batch of Coors Light.

Enjoy your new addiction/hobby. There really is only one thing to remember when brewing beer, the ones you cap today are off limits for three weeks ( or so ). If anything sucks, that would be it. There are a lot of cool tools to have, but be patient, they usually show up on sale somewhere...

I'll echo MindenMan's "just wait a bit longer" sentiment, especially with such a small batch. I think it's fair for your first few 5G batches to taste them as they car up or bottle condition (I tend to do it every time I bottle a style I haven't brewed before) but after a few times you get pretty familiar with what happens and will respect the awesomeness that time brings.

Back