1st batch bottled - thanks to this forum!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

YeastFeast

Reaction score
Just bottled my first batch yesterday. Thanks to countless hours of reading on this forum, I get the feeling this first batch is going to be good! It sure looks and smells good anyway. The flat and warm beer even tasted pretty good before I bottled it.

Here's a small glimpse into the process I documented:

1st day:

2nd day:

3rd day:

29th day, bottling day! Great tip attaching the bottling wand to the bucket, it worked great!

I only did a 1/2 batch of a brewing kit. Ended up with 1 2/3 gallons (16 12-oz bottles) so not sure what I did there. Actually, I don't think I filled enough water after the boil and also lost some checking gravity trying to figure out the siphon (have since purchased an auto-siphon). All-in-all a great experience, can't wait to get my 2nd batch going!

Thanks for looking.

WaltG

Reaction score
Yeah, I got into it just a few months ago. So far, not including a Mr Beer kit few years back, made 3 1 gallon and 2 5 gallon brews. This site has become an obsession. I really don't understand alot of what I'm doing but this forum has brought me a long way.

WaltG

Reaction score
Heck I get a place with an extra fridge might make my wife a batch of Coors Light.

MindenMan

Reaction score
Enjoy your new addiction/hobby. There really is only one thing to remember when brewing beer, the ones you cap today are off limits for three weeks ( or so ). If anything sucks, that would be it. There are a lot of cool tools to have, but be patient, they usually show up on sale somewhere...

thadass

Reaction score
I'll echo MindenMan's "just wait a bit longer" sentiment, especially with such a small batch. I think it's fair for your first few 5G batches to taste them as they car up or bottle condition (I tend to do it every time I bottle a style I haven't brewed before) but after a few times you get pretty familiar with what happens and will respect the awesomeness that time brings.