1st Annual Michigan Predators Autumn Brew Day Saturday, 9-26-09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is not real excited. I'm still working on her, but something else is possibly in the way again. Can't say what it is, but i"m hoping we can still work around it, even if it's on the same day.

I'm still hoping to come and brew, but maybe not drink much, as I may be on my own and might have a place to be later in the day.

I'm thinking I will bring a few 22's of the APA I brewed at MMv2 (if i can quit drinking it long enough to bmf a few). I also will be bringing Hopinator's Nemesis IIPA for its inaugural tasting and review. :D

Since I have no bottles to fill, I have a keg each of an Magnum Columbus IPA DH'd with Columbus, Centennial, and Cascade and a Fuggles DH'd Nutbrown.

Man, I sure wish I had more bottles.

Since I have no bottles to fill, I have a keg each of an Magnum Columbus IPA DH'd with Columbus, Centennial, and Cascade and a Fuggles DH'd Nutbrown.

Man, I sure wish I had more bottles.

fine fick you henry i'll bring the dang bottles! if i can find room in the jeep.

Oh, c'mon homercidal! I'm going to be putting my new car on the road for this, and I have alot more reasons to not go than you do! You can do it- I know you can! :D

You should call my wife and tell her how much fun it is. She is really not that interested in brewing, and not that social outside of our group of friends. I have no idea how to convince her that it will not be boring with a bunch of people standing over their kettles chatting about IBUs and Gravity, and Water Chemistry.

I mean, really, what's more fun than that?? :drunk:

I mean, really, what's more fun than that?? :drunk:

I agree! But, that's why Bob doesn't go to many of my brewing activities. He has no interest in brewing and in meeting people that I "know" from the internet. Oh, he's has met a few of them and enjoyed it, but it's definitely not something he's going to want to do every often.

He did agree to go to Seattle next fall to meet Brewtopia, but I think it's because he just wants to drink his beer! He's not going to the national conference, and he's not interested in brew days. That's fine with me, as long as I'm not expected to skip them.

How can you go all the way out there and NOT go to the conference??? I would LOVE to have a conference or something closer to home so I could go. But then I'd probably have to go on a cruise with her to make up for it or something.

How can you go all the way out there and NOT go to the conference??? I would LOVE to have a conference or something closer to home so I could go. But then I'd probably have to go on a cruise with her to make up for it or something.

Oh, no I'm not talking about the conference at the same time. That's two different trips! The NHBC is in Minneapolis next summer, and he's not going to that. He didn't go to Cincy last year with me, either.

The trip to Seattle would be strictly visiting brewpubs. He's met a few of my "imaginary friends" like Sause and Bernie_Brewer down in Milwaukee, but he's never gone to any brewing gatherings and conferences.

I won't be brewing, but I'll be there to cheer everyone on. I'll put some pork tenderloins in a jerk marinade the nite before for the grill!

Oh, no I'm not talking about the conference at the same time. That's two different trips! The NHBC is in Minneapolis next summer, and he's not going to that. He didn't go to Cincy last year with me, either.

The trip to Seattle would be strictly visiting brewpubs. He's met a few of my "imaginary friends" like Sause and Bernie_Brewer down in Milwaukee, but he's never gone to any brewing gatherings and conferences.

OIC! Minn might be close enough to allow m e to go, we'll just have to see.

I talked to her again last night and I don't think she is going to be coming. It's just not her thing and I have no plans on dragging her along to do something that she doesn't want to. If I did, then I would lose all ability to skip out on her "chick flicks". ;)

Sure, keep on rationalizing losing out on the last somewhat warm weather HBT brewday of '09.

Practice will make you better at it.

Sure, keep on rationalizing losing out on the last somewhat warm weather HBT brewday of '09.

Practice will make you better at it.

OH, I'm not skipping out on it. I was just hoping she would come along and be my wing man, sort of thing. Actually, I should be very happy with the amount of time she has spent at my tastings and fests this year, considering she doesn't really drink. I think she just wanted to make sure I get home safe.

The birthday thing looks like it's happening a week earlier, so I don't see anything in the way.

And I'm not afraid to brew in the cool autumn air either.

OH, I'm not skipping out on it. I was just hoping she would come along and be my wing man, sort of thing. Actually, I should be very happy with the amount of time she has spent at my tastings and fests this year, considering she doesn't really drink. I think she just wanted to make sure I get home safe.

The birthday thing looks like it's happening a week earlier, so I don't see anything in the way.

And I'm not afraid to brew in the cool autumn air either.

This is going to be FUN! Since I'm not brewing, I'll be there to "help". I will have room in my car for odds and ends, since I'm traveling alone, so let me know if you guys need anything.

This is going to be FUN! Since I'm not brewing, I'll be there to "help". I will have room in my car for odds and ends, since I'm traveling alone, so let me know if you guys need anything.

Just save room for the trip back. Once you see the Lion's Den, you'll be experiencing all the Cubic Feet of Interior Space your new vehicle has to offer. :D

Just save room for the trip back. Once you see the Lion's Den, you'll be experiencing all the Cubic Feet of Interior Space your new vehicle has to offer. :D

The Lions' Den?? :drunk: I think I have seen billboards on the interstate for that place...

Lorena, feel free to bring a few bottles of your homebrew. I'm not picky, but I am partial to Pales and IPAs... ;)

The Lions' Den?? :drunk: I think I have seen billboards on the interstate for that place...

Lorena, feel free to bring a few bottles of your homebrew. I'm not picky, but I am partial to Pales and IPAs... ;)

They advertise on highways so it looks like a trucker thing, but all I ever see is cars there. Lot and lots of cars.

http://www.lionsdenadult.com/

http://www.lionsdenadult.com/pages/storelocation/store32.html

Open 24 hours a day 365 Days a Year

The local churchy folk had a fit when it first was announced, but there are always cars there, so the community has 'embraced' it.

Sounds like fun. I will have to run this by the swmbo when she gets back from Grand Rapids.

I can't blame wives or husbands that don't care about being involved in brewing it's pretty boring to watch someone else heat up water...I guess like watching someone knit...Yehaw !
My wife comes out looks around say's that smells good and off she go's...I'm cool with that.

Pat

They advertise on highways so it looks like a trucker thing, but all I ever see is cars there. Lot and lots of cars.

Lions Den Superstore Shop and save on Sex Toys, Adult Dvds, Video on Demand.

Lions Den Adult SuperStore #32 - Perry, Michigan

Open 24 hours a day 365 Days a Year

The local churchy folk had a fit when it first was announced, but there are always cars there, so the community has 'embraced' it.

haha- I was all excited thinking that the Lions Den was some kind of awesome BEER supermarket! Now, this is a whole different kind of excited.

so look likes once again that noone from metro detroit will make the trip to anywhere but metro detroit to meet another brewer! do you guys really brew or are you just faking it?

Is it ok if I bring a friend? He lives down that way and has brewed a few times. I think he wants to go and could enjoy seeing some AG brewing going on, so he can see how easy it all is.

And, should I bring anything for food? etc?

We also might need a place to park a camper. Any recommendations? Yooper said she coudl use a parking space, and my friend has a pop-up. (hopefully it's repaired by now). Just in case we need to crash nearby...

it shouldn't be problem since hes got about 4 acres or so.

as for food make sure it goes well with roasted cats:D

otherwise known as pork loins:cross:

Let's check my brewing calendar...

This weekend - Belgian Pale to build yeast for the Belgian Golden Strong Ale

Soon - Belgian Golden Strong Ale 2.5 gallons probably.

Soon - IIPA My first. I picked 4 lbs. of Cascade Hops and ought to use a few ounces since my seal-a-meal sort of crapped out and some of them didn't seal real good. (I'll post my Rival Rant in another forum).

I also have a vial of Saison Yeast that I should either brew with or propagate. Still trying to find a good Saison recipe.

Any suggestions?

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

I'm gonna make the request that if you are coming, bring something that goes with beer. I'm making a mild chili and homemade tortilla chips, and somehow or other, a pork loin or two will be cooked on my grill. I'm not going to try to make all the sides, as I am broke, lazy, and may be severely druck, starting Friday night.

To make this go off the best, I think that I will do the main courses, and ask that those attending bring a side dish, or munchies, so as to guarantee that the main courses will make it, should something arise as to negate a guest's attendance, the remainder will still have food.

It has come to my attention that my water is hard and while I will let you use all you want, you may only want to brew with 50% mine, 50% yours. My water profile is in Brew Science if you desire to build/amend my water.

If you have a chiller, bring it-I can get you water, but chillers may be being used when you need to chill, but I can supply a lot of water at one time.

Rumors of my getting a job the week before the Event, and this affecting the Event are exaggerations, and need not worry any guests; I will do as little as possible that week, but please arrive with low expectations of my performance.

Also, there will be no corn-holing of the host.

Thank You, that is all.

I'll bring some things that don't have to be refridgerated. I'll be leaving early Friday morning, and won't be bringing a big cooler.

This is going to be fun! I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Back