• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan 1bbl home brewery for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
----SOLD----

I am no longer brewing these large batches so this system is taking up a lot of space.
What I have is a 30 gal HLT, 55 gal MLT and a 55 gal kettle and a 35 gal conical fermenter.
Price for the whole setup ready to brew is $900.
For that price you will get the conical fermenter on the cart, the HLT, MLT, kettle, hop basket, both burners, pump, transfer hoses, plate chiller, brew cart with water hookup and filter.
Located near Grand Rapids MI.

Edit: I will add in my flash boiler too. This is the key piece that makes the brew day so fast.

316669_10150413089663689_488004650_n.jpg

1929031_85187548688_3375983_n.jpg

10154303_10152414072838689_2261905294682588886_n.jpg

428043_10150677733738689_229308713_n.jpg

402417_10150677731803689_1402777107_n.jpg

Last edited:
Great setup. I am too far in DE but just curious, what kind of burner do you have setup under the 55 gallon kettle? I have some 55 gallon drums and was looking for something like that. Thanks.

Is the mash tun plastic and the boil kettle stainless? Tough to tell in the pics. How much total finished beer do you usually end up with? Thanks.

I realize you are trying to sell it as a whole system but if you do eventually part it out, what pump do you have and what would you want for it?

Great setup. I am too far in DE but just curious, what kind of burner do you have setup under the 55 gallon kettle? I have some 55 gallon drums and was looking for something like that. Thanks.

The burner was a SQ-14 burner that many people here use. Only I went crazy with some steel tube and a welder to make it strong as hell and then I added a 2nd burner to it. So it has two SQ-14 burners. I use two of them to get it to a boil in about 30 minutes then I turn one off and run just the one about 50% to hold the boil. My system is tuned to the way I brew. I can do two 40 gallon batches from crushing the grain to cleaned up in 8 hours.

Is the mash tun plastic and the boil kettle stainless? Tough to tell in the pics. How much total finished beer do you usually end up with? Thanks.

the mashtun is made from a 55 gallon plastic barrel and insulated with water heater blankets and the lid has 2" of foam insulation on it. Sadly the tun does not look all that nice. I covered the insulation with duct tape to protect it from damage. I intended to then wrap it with 1x4 oak boards to make it look like an oak barrel. But once I got it filled with grain and water I changed my mind as I didn't want it to be that heavy. Even though it's not pretty it works great and does not lose any temp during the mash.
The boil kettle is a heavy gauge stainless with a rolled top and welded bottom.
I usually start my boil with about 48 gallons. A few drops of fermcap keeps it from boiling over. Then I end upwith 40 gallons into the fermenters. 35 into the conical and 5 into a carboy.

I realize you are trying to sell it as a whole system but if you do eventually part it out, what pump do you have and what would you want for it?

I have a Marsh 809 pump mounted inside the plastic tool box sitting in front of the rig. I will not sell the pump unless I sell the other parts first. Would just keep the pump and chiller but added it in to make the deal better for the buyer.

This system is gone. Sold it to a fellow PrimeTime Brewers member who is opening a brewery near buy. He needed something to get started on until his real system showed up.

Latest posts

Back