$195.99 8.8 cf kenmore chest freezers at sears

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lknbigfish

Reaction score
I actually just bought one about a week and a half ago using the bing cashback. Currently in the process of building my keezer (just assembled the collar last night). Let's see... inside dimensions... Compressor step is on the left side. Step length is 11", total length is 36". Step height is 10", total is about 29-1/4". Width of freezer is 16-1/2". Hope that helps.

On a related note, should I offset the taps to the left to keep them over the step and out of the way of changing kegs?

Man I wish I had caught this before the sale ended...

Waiting on my Costco to restock the 7.2cu ft Frigidaire for $199 - If I could pump up to 8.8 for the same price I would do it in a heartbeat

Anyone know how many cornies will fit in this freezer? I looked at it last night?

Just FYI, this freezer is on sale for $229, not as good as the OP got, but still decent, and the coupon code gets an extra $5 off.

Looks like I got a new fermenting chamber :mug:

i bought a 13.1 off craigslist for $40, rusted all on the inside. cools quickly. scraped off rust, painted with rustoleum ($8), and painted the top with chalkboard paint ($8) and thought that was the better way to go. saved $$$$. just a thought that you can buy a crappy one and clean it up nice. the important thing is that it keeps the beer cool.

This is the same freezer I used for my build. I have put 6 in there with the 10lb co2, probably fit 7 without it.

4619_115227782787_522847787_2789930_6536556_n.jpg

Great link. Made my decision a whole lot harder. I was going to pick up a free chest freezer this weekend but looking at the energy usage I can get a new one that will pay for itself in 2-3 years (depending on the size I buy). Hmm.

Back