17mm punch for SSBrewtech Chronical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunnry

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to mount the FTS system inside my Chronical instead of having it in the lid. You need a 17mm hole to mount the coils.

Since I don't like worrying about burrs, I like to use punches. I searched around and found this part: http://cobracartech.co.uk/parking-sensor-accessories-cutters-spares/869-cobra-17mm-punch-tool.html

It's a bit of a pain to get in the US, but I happen to travel to the UK a bit so I was able to pick it up. If you email them, perhaps they would work out a shipping arrangement to the US.

I can confirm that it works perfectly - clean and perfect holes that look exactly like the factory made them. I was able to mount my FTS coils low in the Chronical so that now even 6 gal batches will largely be covered by the coils.

That would probably work with a thick enough silicon o-ring. My hesitation there was that my brew bucket already leaks occasionally with their normal 17mm holes and o-ring combos. Should I miss 17mm even slightly I didn't want to chance any leaks. If you can replace the o-ring yourself with a thicker one I think it would be just fine.

Back