17,000th Post...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats Bill. :mug:

I saw you were close in my mead thread!

What are you gonna do in retired life? I'm jealous, since I won't be retiring for about 95 years! :D

congrats Bill. :mug:

I saw you were close in my mead thread!

What are you gonna do in retired life? I'm jealous, since I won't be retiring for about 95 years! :D

I've narrowed my retired life down to two things...doing what my wife wants me to and dreaming about what I want to do...:D Just kidding!

I'll definitely do more brewing...but instead of brewing on Sundays I can brew on Tuesdays or Thursdays!!!

I plan on doing more travel. I've only been to over 24 countries and 3 continents. Been to 49 States...need to visit Alaska to finish out the list.

I lived in Germany for 9 years and have visited almost all the European countries. I've been to most of the southern provinces of Canada. Newfoundland and Nova Scotia are on the list. Been to Korea about 5-6 times and the wife doesn't care for the orient so I don't need to go back.

I'm planning on spending time "south of the border"...in this case I mean south of the equator in winters.

Who knows??? I might end up on your doorstep with an empty beer mug...:rockin:

I've narrowed my retired life down to two things...doing what my wife wants me to and dreaming about what I want to do...:D Just kidding!

I'll definitely do more brewing...but instead of brewing on Sundays I can brew on Tuesdays or Thursdays!!!

I plan on doing more travel. I've only been to over 24 countries and 3 continents. Been to 49 States...need to visit Alaska to finish out the list.

I lived in Germany for 9 years and have visited almost all the European countries. I've been to most of the southern provinces of Canada. Newfoundland and Nova Scotia are on the list. Been to Korea about 5-6 times and the wife doesn't care for the orient so I don't need to go back.

I'm planning on spending time "south of the border"...in this case I mean south of the equator in winters.

Who knows??? I might end up on your doorstep with an empty beer mug...:rockin:

congrats man! sounds like you did things right (unlike so many others in your and mine generations!) - enjoy it!

Last night at 1041 I opened a bottle of some Prickley Pear Mead I made in 2006...it was almost empty when I went to bed at 130 AM. Incidently, I get up at 6 AM for work. I was as straight as an arrow.

Definitely seeing more meads in my future. :rockin:

Last night at 1041 I opened a bottle of some Prickley Pear Mead I made in 2006...it was almost empty when I went to bed at 130 AM. Incidently, I get up at 6 AM for work. I was as straight as an arrow.

Definitely seeing more meads in my future. :rockin:

I bet you were at the top of your game! :D

6a00d8341c36d553ef00e55399efed8833-320wi

Ah, congrats on retiring. That is a very happy thing. Enjoy the time off, you've earned it I am sure.

Ah, congrats on retiring. That is a very happy thing. Enjoy the time off, you've earned it I am sure.
Thanks.

It's coming out to 36 years and 3 months Federal Government Service.

This includes 7 years Army (1972-80) and the remainder as a civilian with a couple of mini-vacations, er, deployments, to Kosovo.

I probably will brew today.;)

I actually just got done (a half hour ago) bottling an all grain Hefe Weizen...:mug:

I have like 12 working days left and have to take 5 days and 7 hours of Comp Time off during those 12 days...INSANE!!! I'm having a 3 day weekend this weekend and a 4 day weekend next weekend with Thursday being my last day.:rockin:

Thanks.

It's coming out to 36 years and 3 months Federal Government Service.

This includes 7 years Army (1972-80) and the remainder as a civilian with a couple of mini-vacations, er, deployments, to Kosovo.

36 years??????? when i hit 36 years of fed service...64? eh so i probalby will :p

Back