• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wisconsin 15 Gallon Stout Kettles HERMS single tier system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugHunter

Reaction score
Edit: Thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest in the various components of the system I posted for sale. Now that the stand has sold I will be parting out the system. Once this post ages out of the front page I will post a new ad for the individual kettles, pumps, and valves.

Why don't you recommend the sparge arm for recirculating?

The sparge arm, as it's set up, could potentially clog since there's no exit path other than the drilled sparging holes. Given the easy of swapping out tri-clamp fittings during the recirculation and sparging processes I find it's easier to swap between the sparge arm and a 90* elbow/tubing recirculation fitting. This allows the same external plumbing to be used for both processes.

Back