• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South Dakota 15 Gal 30 A Electric Brewery w/ 3x BH Jacketed Conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conglominoid

Reaction score
Hello, I have for sale a 15 gallon electric (RIMS) brewery that I used for process and recipe development for the last 2 years. This is set up for RIMS, but could easily be converted to HERMS. The stand includes 2 burners so you could also run it as a direct fire system. I consistently achieved 82-85% mash efficiency with this rig, and could knock out a double-batch in 10 hours.

The hot side is semi-automated. Fermentation temp control is automated, using a BCS-462, glycol chiller, and automated valves. I briefly ran this in my garage (90 degrees +) and was able to cold crash the ferms no problem in the middle of summer.

The system is fairly easy to operate, but I will certainly include training and post-sale support to get it running smoothly.

Cost is $5000 for everything. I can deliver within a reasonable distance of Brookings, SD for the cost of gas. Unless you have a truck/trailer for pick up, this will need to get crated up and shipped (freight) at your cost. The following items are included:

30 A control panel:
  • Raspberry Pi w/ WIFI and 7" touchscreen monitor on panel
  • Embedded Control Concepts BSS-462 controller
  • 1x 30A twist lock power in
  • 1x 30' 8 awg SOOW cable with GFCI
  • 2x 30A twist lock receptacles (HLT and BK elements, interlocked)
  • 1x 15A twist lock receptacle (RIMS)
  • 2x 15A twist lock receptacles (pumps)
  • 1x 5500 W ULWD element w/ 10 awg SJOOW cable, twist lock plug, and TC kettle connector (Boil Kettle)
  • 1x 4500 W element w/ 10 awg SJOOW cable, twist lock plug, and TC kettle connector (HLT)
  • 1x 1500 w element w/ 12 awg SJOOW cable, twist lock plug, and TC kettle connector (RIMS)
  • 3x temp probe connector w/ 3x 10' temp probes/cables

Brew Stand and Kettles
  • Stand: 2" 12 awg square tube. Welded, sand blasted, and painted with high-temp paint (could use some touch up). Also includes 2x 10" propane burners and burner shrouds built in
  • 1x 20 gal Stout HLT
  • 1x 15 gal Stout MLT with upgraded Norcal Brewing Solutions false bottom
  • 1x 20 gal Brewers Hardware BK
  • 1x Brewers Hardware RIMS tube (note: the hard-piped recirculation with sight glass shown in the pictures is not included)
  • 2x Chugger Stainless Steel pumps with WELDED TC connectors
Fermentation:
  • Fermentation control panel: BCS-462 controller with WIFI. Also has manual controls, currently wired for up to 5 tanks, or 2 heated/cooled + 1 cooled (could be expanded to 8 with a bit of extra wiring). Wired for 8 temp probes. Runs on 120V.
  • Glycol chiller
  • Copper soldered and insulated glycol loop with pressure bypass and return headers. currently piped for 3 tanks with automated ball valves.
  • 2x 15 gal Brewers Hardware jacketed conicals. All TC connections. The tee and elbows shown on the lids are not included (they were repurposed). Valves and temp probes with cables are included.
  • 1x 20 gal Brewers Hardware jacketed conical. All TC connections. The tee and elbows shown on the lids are not included (they were repurposed). Valves and temp probes with cables are included.
Extras:
  • Duda Diesel plate chiller with sanitary TC connections
  • Stainless mesh hop spider for kettle
  • 300 GPD RO system ($300 extra if wanted)
  • Various extra TC fittings, gaskets, etc.
  • Tubing
  • Rotating spray ball for conicals (you will need a decent pump to run this spray ball)
  • Extra Temp Probes/cables
  • TC oxygenation stone (sight glass not included)
  • Other small items that I've forgotten to list
20170616_181303.jpg
20161216_154347.jpg
20160723_114558.jpg
20160613_112659.jpg

Hi everybody, sorry for the delayed responses. I have been swamped at the brewery and day job. I think I got back to everyone's messages.

Cheers!

If anyone is interested in just the hot side, I’m interested in the cold side..

Latest posts

Back