120V RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loomisman

Reaction score
Looking at adding a 120V RIMS rocket and Brewcommander to my gas setup. I would like to go 240V bu don’t have label space and don’t plan to stay in this house for more than a few more years. I never go more than 6 gallons for a batch. Eventually I may replace my boil and HLT burners with 240V elements. Ant thoughts or recommendations on this move?

My brewhardware rims tube is on the way as well, replacing my DIY tube. I also use the InkBird IPB-16S

I use a 120 Rims tube for mashing only and it works great. I have made up to 12.5 gallon step mash batches with no problems. I started with a 2000 watt element and now using a 1650 watt element. I use gas for the boil. I have a seperate circuit that I have a 2000 watt 120 volt brewhardware element that heats up my HLT.

I use a 120 Rims tube for mashing only and it works great. I have made up to 12.5 gallon step mash batches with no problems. I started with a 2000 watt element and now using a 1650 watt element. I use gas for the boil. I have a seperate circuit that I have a 2000 watt 120 volt brewhardware element that heats up my HLT.
Thanks! I just needed some reassurance that I wouldn't end up hating my choice to go 120v. I would love to do 240v but don't have the space to add a breaker and don't want to deal with the added cost right now. I figure I can go that route when i go electric for the other vessels.

Thanks! I just needed some reassurance that I wouldn't end up hating my choice to go 120v. I would love to do 240v but don't have the space to add a breaker and don't want to deal with the added cost right now. I figure I can go that route when i go electric for the other vessels.
Your welcome

I was on the BrewHardware site and that 120 rims tube setup is out of stock, its exactly what I was looking for something to just maintain my temp during mash, I am on the notify list now its just a waiting game but i am sure its going to be worth it.

Back