120V eBIAB Controller Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_111

Reaction score
Hi All...

I started working out the details of the schematic of my eBIAB controller. I have used some bits from a PJ schematic or two among others.

It will use 2 120V, 20A input lines to control 2 2000W elements. There will be:
2 Auber SYL-2353
JSL-73B timer
E-stop
2 buzzers
2 illuminated selectors to power the elements
2 pumps
etc

I think I have sorted out the PID-SSR-switch-contactor bit, but before I go much further, can someone please give it a once-over to see if I have that portion correct? :mug:

Thanks!

eBIAB Schematic-01.jpg

61 views and no one has seen the obvious (today) error? :confused:

What about the rest of it?

Anyone?

Does anyone know of a diagram that does just this? I'm open to using an existing diagram, but I haven't found one yet.

First error... your e-stop only kills one of your feeds.

If it's BIAB... why do you need two PID's? One pid, two SSR's, one contactor is enough.

61 views and no one has seen the obvious (today) error? :confused:

What about the rest of it?

Anyone?

Does anyone know of a diagram that does just this? I'm open to using an existing diagram, but I haven't found one yet.

You mean the mistake in the EPO wiring?

If you are doing eBIAB, I assume both heating elements go in your BK. In that case I would wire both SSR's to one PID. With two PID's, neither knows what the other is doing, and that would make tuning them very difficult.

Also, why two pumps, and how much current do the pumps draw? You don't have much spare current to run them.

You mean the mistake in the EPO wiring?

If you are doing eBIAB, I assume both heating elements go in your BK. In that case I would wire both SSR's to one PID. With two PID's, neither knows what the other is doing, and that would make tuning them very difficult.

Also, why two pumps, and how much current do the pumps draw? You don't have much spare current to run them.

Yes, the E-stop wiring. I noticed that yesterday.

The second element is for sparge water and to allow me to run 2 batches in one day (parallel, perhaps). If I make a >5gal batch, I will use both elements in the BK. The second pump button/switch might be initially used for a stirrer (or the second system's pump). The Chugger pumps draw 1.4A, but will not be on during full power to the element.

I think it's finished... I'll look it over again tomorrow before ordering the components.

eBreweryController-02.jpg

your element power switches are wrong, when energized will connect L1 with Neutral unless thats a lighted switch

Back