12 Beers of Christmas 2022 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update from Texas - the ginger bread brown was shipped out today via UPS, standard ground service, most said ~4 days, so anticipate they’ll arrive late this week. Apologies as I hope I’m a better brewer than label creator… anyway - hope you all enjoy.
Gingerbread Ale arrived this evening!!

All in good shape. Thank you!

So far I’ve got the Gruit and Gingerbread Brown. I’m getting excited to get all these in and tasted!

It might be next week before I get shipped out. Working 6a-6p everyday for the next week doesn’t leave time for a post office run. Sorry everyone!

Shipped some packages yesterday and some are going out today. The rest will be on Monday, I have to find some more packing material. I didn’t include the spiced Dunkelweizen from last year as I only had 2 left.

I received the gruit a few days ago. Love the label.

168F7850-2756-4120-BDEC-D0092784BCC4.jpeg

I got the Gruit, the Saffron and the Gingerbread so far!

My beer (the spiced dunkel weizenbock) is just.... not good. I've never had a smoked beer before, so I don't know if it could pass as one, but can definitely taste that it got scorched. I didn't add the ginger in secondary because it seemed like a waste. I'll still send it out, but I fully expect it to be dumped down the drain. :(

I've got a an imperial stout that's been aging all year that's ready to go, and I've got my annual British Strong Ale that's topping off on carbonation, so I'll probably send a can or two of my (IMO) failed 12 BOC beer plus other offerings from my pipeline. I've got a foreign extra stout going into keg tomorrow that I might try and burst carb and sneak in as well. Hopefully nobody is too offended by that.

OF COURSE my one failed beer in recent history would be the one for this.

I got the Gruit, the Saffron and the Gingerbread so far!

My beer (the spiced dunkel weizenbock) is just.... not good. I've never had a smoked beer before, so I don't know if it could pass as one, but can definitely taste that it got scorched. I didn't add the ginger in secondary because it seemed like a waste. I'll still send it out, but I fully expect it to be dumped down the drain. :(

I've got a an imperial stout that's been aging all year that's ready to go, and I've got my annual British Strong Ale that's topping off on carbonation, so I'll probably send a can or two of my (IMO) failed 12 BOC beer plus other offerings from my pipeline. I've got a foreign extra stout going into keg tomorrow that I might try and burst carb and sneak in as well. Hopefully nobody is too offended by that.

OF COURSE my one failed beer in recent history would be the one for this.
I get you're disappointed but I'd suggest relaxing a bit. I don't think people are going to care all that much. You gave it a shot, send it out, we'll drink it or we won't. No big deal.

I sent out two different tripels... both barely carbonated. Folks can drink them or not. My plan is simply to do better next year.

I could deal with 4 barely carbed beers. (I'd drink them).

What I don't yet have a plan for is what I'm going to do with other 35 bottles I have left.

Oh. I misread. I thought he meant the 35 empty bottles leftover from this year.

But I second the sentiment above that no one should stress over this. It's a pretty inexact hobby. We are all probably working with new recipes. Add in all the potential complications from mailing, and we all know this is a "just for fun" endeavor that is unlikely to go off perfectly. -like most holiday endeavors.

The Honey Ginger IPA arrived today. All in good shape.

I like electrical tape around the bottle cap rim. I think that should be added to the packaging tips. Just to keep the caps a little more protected and secure.

I have received several packages so far and I must post the first tragedy. Bad pictures, but the Honey Ginger IPA didn’t make it. And after opening these bottles they gushed hard even after opening in shipment. So, everyone who has them make sure they get cold soon in case my batch wasn’t alone in having an issue.

Attachments

• B801F81A-F366-4EDB-B1AF-730DF7BA31DE.jpeg
    B801F81A-F366-4EDB-B1AF-730DF7BA31DE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 9591DE41-850C-4D8D-970A-037F5E9C1C07.jpeg
    9591DE41-850C-4D8D-970A-037F5E9C1C07.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Received 4 or 5 so far. My boxes are going out probably on Tuesday, I'm 2 boxes short, and two boxes I have are too big, so I have to see what I can scavenge from the Amazon shipment tomorrow and go buy boxes if necessary.

Heads up for anyone who hasn't shipped yet -- UPS promo code 'DELIVER' looks like 20% off for UPS Ground, and anyone who has an Amex card with cashback, I have an offer for $15 cashback on $45 for ups.com (redeemable up to 3 times), so check your account. YMMV with that last one, but with a little bit of structuring, that's potentially $45 + 20% off on the shipping.

Back