• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina 100% Stainless Steel BIAB Filter Basket by ArborFab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rzwahr

Reaction score
I’ve recently migrated to a 3 vessel setup and no longer need this basket as I’m using a nylon bag in my new mash tun. I got this basket from ArborFab (they specialize in making these stainless brew baskets) and it fits perfectly in my Bayou Classic 1160 62-Quart Stainless Pot (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FTEQBK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20). I’ve had it for a little over 2 years, and it’s been through probably 10 brews. It’s 100% stainless so it’s in mint condition as I clean it thoroughly after every brew.

The diameter of the basket is 14”. It has 4 3” stainless legs at the bottom with silicone rubber feet to suspend the basket above an electric element. The total height of the basket is 17” (14” basket height + 3” feet). It has a semicircular handle attached for easy removal of the basket. The screen is 400 Micron stainless mesh, which is the recommended filter density for brewing. Works great and super easy to clean.

I paid over $200 to have this made and shipped, so at $125 + shipping it's a great deal if this is the direction you're looking to head with your setup!

IMG_3266.JPG IMG_3267.JPG IMG_3269.JPG IMG_3268.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good crawfish basket
Yes it would definitely work for crawfish boil, crab boil, etc. Heck, you could pop the rubber feet off and you could use it as a huge frying basket for a fish fry too if you wanted.

Any idea if this fits a 1060 bayou? I may be interested if so.
Neil
It should. As far as I can tell, the 1160 (what I have) and the 1060 are the same identical pot, it's just that the 1160 came with a stainless steel strainer basket which I never used because it didn't work out well for me with BIAB. I attached the specs for both pots from Bayou's website.
1060.PNG 1160.PNG

Back