$100, new pump, no wife or kids....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
My wife is taking my daughter to Lexington tonight, I just got my new March pump today from AHS ($120) YES!! and I have $100 to spend at Lowes for ball valves, "t"s and fixtures to plumb this thing in... what yall think I will be doing tonight and tomorrow? Have a 12 pack of Leinies Sunset Wheat to boot... oh how I love free time.

From the title of your post, I thought maybe she'd had enough of your beer hobby spending. That, or you'd made an awesome trade!

EdWort said:
Congrats! Sounds like a good time and some great equipment. (except for the Leinies :D)

Hahaha, I was going to say the same thing. Seriously though, nothing better than a weekend with brew toys.

HEH yeah I read that now and it sounds that way! LOL Yeah, I am on reserve this weekend, so they went to LEX without me to see the inlaws... sooooo, I get to tear apart my three tier system and convert it to a one tier system. I am building manifolds on each end of my march pump so that I dont have to remove hoses, simply throw valves to change the flow of the water or wort. I will get some pics up when it is done... maybe by midnight tonight... heh, we will see.

well $114 later I have all of my parts to build the manifolds for my pump... lookin' good! I cant wait to fire it up later!

On my OUTlet I have a "drain" valve... mainly to be used for pumping out my keggle into my carboy, but I am finding it VERY handy for priming my pump. You guys are right, these things can be down right finicky!

SO far today I have modified my 10 gallon rubbermaid MLT so that I have my sparge arm mounted INSIDE the tun, so that I can place the lid on while I am sparging to help maintain the proper temps. Off to Lowes to pick up some hose clamps since last night while transferring 200F water I ralized that even the reinforced hoses will get loose on the barbs. Doesnt look like they will call me to work today, SO that means I get to set this thing all up for another dry run! Or wet run? Whatever!

Latest posts

Back