10 gallon Rubbermaid cooler question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub

Reaction score
Does anyone know the inner diameter of a round orange 10 gallon RM cooler? I work near a sheet metal fabricator who may be able to cut me a round piece of SS so that i can fabricate a true false bottom. I want the fit to be good.

This is a round 10-gal one I bought at Home Depot.

DSC00858-small.jpg
DSC00859-small.jpg

Hope this helps.

Check out the size of the FB on Morebeer. That will give you the size they sell for the exact same cooler.

Copernicus, will you list the parts for the barbed fitting and valve assembly. I have a hard time finding the parts at Home Depot / Lowest to make a weldless bulkhead. It looks like you have everything needed.

Sure - that was a pain for me too. Without taking it apart to double-super-confirm, here's what I used from the outside in.

barb x 3/8" male thread, brass
3/8" brass ball valve, female threads both ends
3/8" male x 3/8" male, brass (I don't remember the exact length, but it was longer than the shortest thread-to-thread piece)
The white rubber gasket that came with the cooler spigot (on the inside)
3/8" female x 1/2"male, brass
1/2" female x barb, brass

On the outside, I also used a rubber washer, stacked a couple metal washers, and a small section of copper pipe to space things out the right amount and get a compression seal on the inside gasket.

The only reason I converted it to 1/2" on the inside was to accommodate a connection to the circular screen setup in the pic. I would prefer to remove some length from the inside assembly so that the circular screen is better centered in the cooler. Open to suggestions.

Hope this helps.
outside.jpg
inside.jpg
screen.jpg

Back