• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana 10 Gallon RIMS Electric SS system, NEW, 95% finished, Everything Goes, Many Extras

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsonite

Reaction score
I put this system together when I was a surgery resident in school in 2007, got married, had kids, started a practice, and never brewed on it. The only thing left was to wire the system up and a few odds and ends (translation: only committed, electrical savvy, home brewers apply!) Being unused, you could reconfigure as much as you want. All 3 kettles were custom fabricated from More Beer at $500 each. The RIMS element is unique as I integrated it directly inside the mash tun. The aluminum and SS stand is from an existing office copier and I've modified it heavily. Everything is integrated, even an oxygen tank and water supply from a spigot. You really have to see it to understand how efficient, intuitive, and clean all the plumbing is. All lines are silicon including braided silicon for the supply lines. No compromise was made when I put this system together and I did countless hours of research and trials to build it. Obviously I cannot comment on how it brews, but I modeled it after other highly efficient designs from online and various books. I had been all grain brewing for 3 years prior the build. Please, everything, including parts you don't want, must go along with the entire lot. Nothing left behind and nothing split. All in, I spent over 3.5k. Not looking to make significant money on this sale, just pass it along to someone who can finish and use it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141033102@N06/shares/0c81ow

Asking $1500. Reasonable offers will certainly be considered. Pickup Only. South Bend, IN. [email protected]

3x 13gallon SS vessels. HLT, Mash, Boil all with extensive welded couplings
2x4500w 240volt ultra low density elements
1x1500w 120volt ultra low density element for RIMS
15 gallon Fermenator, used 2 or 3 times, perfect condition
Therminator used 2-3 times, perfect condition
March Brew pump
Oxygenator and tank
Thermal blanket material
3 Watlow PID's, 2 for HLT and Mash Tun, and one for a refridgerator
2 Digital temp probes, mash tun and HLT
Variable resistor temp controller for boil kettle element
Postal Scale that sits under Mash Tun to precisely measure grain weight and water amount.
SS Electrical sub-panel box with hot-tub style GFCI breakers
2 Omega solid state relays for Mash Tun and HLT
Stir Plate mounted and integrated under HLT for quicker, more even heating as well as a potential yeast starter if you remove the HLT tank.
Wine Corker, bottle capper, Flasks, hygrometer, refractometer, pH tester with thermometer adjustment, silicon tubing, quick disconnects,
2 glass carboys with brush.
Many, Many Extras.
Wire should be the only major items missing

Hot side/cold side. ALso; I'm in Grand Rapids so I would be willing to pickup. Let me know if you change your mind.

Latest posts

Back