10 gal rubbermade cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tspilker

Reaction score
At home depot they have 10 gallon victory coolers for $37. Should I go with 10 or should I wait for 5.

No question, go with a 10 gallon. If you want to make some really big beers or are thinking of ever bumping up to 10 gallon batches you will just have to by another cooler then. Just by the big one and keep your options open.

I picked up 2 tens last week. My Kooler KItz just came in and I plan on building them up tomorrow. Great deal at $37.

Awesome price -- go for the 10 gal. You might not find the 5 gal for much cheaper anyways.

If you batch sparge, there are basically no advantages to the 5 gal (unless you physically can't find room for the 10 gal cooler to store it). Otherwise, the 10 gal has some major advantages (let's you brew higher gravity brews or bigger batches, plus you can store a major amount of gear inside when not in use, you can stick carboys inside them for fermenting (e.g. add ice for lagering), or they make a great keg cooler, etc.)

Back