• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas 10 gal All Grain 3 Tier Custom System For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsit

Reaction score
Important stuff up front:

I'm located in San Antonio, TX
I'm asking $1000

This is a custom built all grain 3 tier beer brewing system for 10 gallon batches. It includes the following:

Three tier stand, welded 16 ga steel and painted with red hi-temp automotive paint. It has oversized wheels attached at the bottom for easy moving and will fit easily through any normal door. The stand comes complete with two high output burners, fully adjustable output regulator, emergency cutoffs for each burner, and all fittings to hook directly to a normal bbq propane tank. It heats water up very quickly and efficiently.

All kettles are Update International stainless steel with 3 ply bottom, aluminum sandwiched inside for even heat distribution.

One 20 gallon stainless steel kettle used primarily as a hot liquor tank. It includes stainless steel fittings, dip tube, thermometer, and lid. Interchangeable with the 15 gallon mash tun.

One 15 gallon stainless steel mash tun, interchangeable with the 20 gallon kettle for high gravity recipes. It includes a stainless false bottom and connections, thermometer, and lid.

One 15 gallon boil kettle, including stainless steel dip tube, fittings, and lid.

Duda diesel plate chiller, gets wort temperature down very quickly. Mounts to the stand.

Stainless steel hop basket, also works well as a particulate catcher when conducting the sparge.

All silicone hoses needed to transfer liquids
Quick disconnect fittings
custom copper sparge arm

The thermometers are setup with weldless fittings and thermowells, and the ball valve fittings are brazed. The braze is incredibly strong, I knock the end of the ball valve on things all the time and they have never shown weakness. If you took a hammer to it, it would probably just smash the wall of the kettle in.

This system works very well and I average about 80% efficiency using a fly sparge. No pumps are necessary due to the tier setup and I am usually able to make a normal batch in about 6 hours, prep through cleanup. I built this system myself and tweaked it as I went to run optimally and I can make sure you have all the tips and tricks I used. I am able to brew excellent consistent beer with this. I've put about 20 batches through it. I've tried it with 5 gallon batches too and the only issue is that the mash tun is so wide that I don't get great efficiency.

The only reason I am considering selling it is because I want to try my hand at building a much more expensive electric brew setup, and I can't justify keeping this at the same time.

I built it almost 3 years ago, and most of the pictures are from then. While the stainless all looks the same, the stand has obvious signs of use (the red paint closest to the burners has burned off and the inevitable boil over has given the stand under the lower burner some added character). It is still 100% as functional and solid as it was when I built it, though.

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Last edited:
Back