• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1 hp pump, stainless steel volute

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincoln

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
1hp 110/220 volt, pump It has 2" tri-clover clamp fittings. it has a 30' cord that is a bit stiff so will eventually need to be replaced depending on how much you move it around. I looking for 400$

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

motors aren't cheap. we pay $120 for a 1/25 hp motor with a plastic volute. 400 may be on the high side, but it certainly isn't out of range.

I seem to recall a recent thread where a guy was looking for a higher volume pump than a March 809 - and commercial pumps were running $1500 and up.

no offense, but 400 seem high to me.

Try and replace that pump with a new one you'll change your tune real quickly.
For the HP and in stainless with Tri fittings it's a good deal for someone that has a use for it. I myself have a 3/4 hp swimming pool filter pump, the nipple on the end of the volute was worn down as well the hole in the base for the volute. nipple Machined the base clean then the volute down farther then heat shrunk a brass sleeve into it, machined it to a tight fit clearance with the nipple to pump base bore. After running 300 grain vinagar a canning food grade to pickle it's a like new high volume animal with 1 1/2" inlet, 1 1/4" outlet. A five gallon bucket fills in seconds with a face full of water.

Nice pump, I don't know why someone would need one like that unless you are selling beer. That's a positive displacement pump, we used to pump liquid egg with them, they will move volumes uphill a long way but are slower/hp than the centrifigal pumps. Be sure you have the valve open when you turn that baby on...i've seen them break things. ;)

Back