LaTeX labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancingbarefoot

Reaction score
LaTeX be just a little geeky for a bunch of drunks, don't you think? ;)

I thought DeFalco's had some fancy pre-cut label paper...have you checked with them?

El Pistolero said:
LaTeX be just a little geeky for a bunch of drunks, don't you think? ;)

I thought DeFalco's had some fancy pre-cut label paper...have you checked with them?

Speak for yourself! :D Geek-woman here! (Or is that nerd? Hard to tell sometimes. ;) )

I didn't see any neck-type labels at DeFalco's, but I should go take another look. It's an excuse to go hang out there.

HuH.

Dont get it maybe i am just not smart enough. Oh weLL just have use the ManginA labels instead.

:ban:

Homebrew Saves Your Soul.

flounder33.JPG

m_f said:
would you mind sharing yours as well?

thanks!

If I ever get them made up, sure. So far, I've just tinkered around with it, but haven't actually made any until I know I can get the right kind of adhesive paper. Still deciding on a graphic for mine, too.

dancingbarefoot said:
Geek-woman here! (Or is that nerd? Hard to tell sometimes. ;) )

My wife claims to know the difference between a nerd and a geek.

Nerd + SocialSkills = Geek

Hey, ElP.... if you need a pick for that fro, I can lend you one. I think I have 4 or 5 stashed away in my do.

-walker

Instead of using an adhesive paper, I had good luck printing out my labels on regular computer paper, sprayed them with a clear artist sealer (matte finish), then backed them with a good double sided tape. 3M makes a tape called "ATG" tape - it's a picture framer's tape - that will hold anything. I just kept putting the tape on in rows behind the label until the label was fully covered, cut out the label, then stuck them to my bottles. DIY adhesive paper, and none have come off yet!

You know what "nerd" stands for? Never Ending Radical Dude
(my middle school students think it's funny)

dheide said:
Instead of using an adhesive paper, I had good luck printing out my labels on regular computer paper, sprayed them with a clear artist sealer (matte finish), then backed them with a good double sided tape. 3M makes a tape called "ATG" tape - it's a picture framer's tape - that will hold anything. I just kept putting the tape on in rows behind the label until the label was fully covered, cut out the label, then stuck them to my bottles. DIY adhesive paper, and none have come off yet!

You know what "nerd" stands for? Never Ending Radical Dude
(my middle school students think it's funny)

good idea...
is there a liquid glue I could use instead of the tape?
thanks!

A nerd and a geek are asked to figure out how a toaster works.

The nerd runs off and gets a textbook on thermodynamics to read, one on electricity, etc, etc...

The geek picks up a screwdriver and takes the toaster apart to sees how it works. Then rewires it to make it faster and better at producing toast, and adds semi-useless things like a remote control and external toast temperature display.

This is how I always thought of the two.

m_f said:
good idea...
is there a liquid glue I could use instead of the tape?
thanks!

Yes, glue. ;)

There are quite a few spray adhesives on the market. You may even be able to find one that isn't a PITA to clean off. I think the advantage of tape is that there is no drying time, thus you can take as long as you want to cut or whatever. IMHO, this all sounds like a huge PITA. I use Avery labels and nobody has complained.

Something I saw in another forum brought up a good idea for attaching labels, felt like an idiot for not thinking of it with all those other bottles before now... Anyway, they suggested spraying the front with artist sealer as mentioned, then using *drum roll* a GLUE STICK! Supposed to come off easy with a short soak, no mess, ect.

And on tangent, g/f says nerds talk about what needs to be done to fix it, but geeks talk about what they did to fix it ;-)

Back