New homebrew toy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol....I got 12 other 5 gal on tap but hate filing growlers to take to friends. This fits the bill for sure :). Simple liquid out to liquid out jumper, purge out the o2 with the big co2 tank, slap on the mini tank and your good to go! If you don't chop the handles you can stack as man as you want with connections attached and go from there.

I love it. I actually wish I had bought he CO2 setup you have so I can transport a keg Sunday.

New Homebrew toy..... 1.75 gallon keg = 18 perfect pints of Stout Brewing beer to go. Had the handles chopped down and re welded so it (along with another) would fit in the Yeti 45. Who needs growlers when you got mini kegs?

That looks almost exactly like mine, except I used a 3g keg. I like your's better!

_mg_0795-65889.jpg

New Homebrew toy..... 1.75 gallon keg = 18 perfect pints of Stout Brewing beer to go. Had the handles chopped down and re welded so it (along with another) would fit in the Yeti 45. Who needs growlers when you got mini kegs?

How long does the Co2 cartridge last when you are pouring pints?
(assuming the beer is already carbonated)
Also, where did you buy it?

The guy at the local HBS told me its difficult to maintain proper pour and carbonation with those paint gun cartridge dispensers (they sold them so I was suprized he discouraged the sale) Have either of you found that to be true? I using a regular regulator attached to the larger paint gun tank now and its kind of cumbersome to keep mobile.

The guy at the local HBS told me its difficult to maintain proper pour and carbonation with those paint gun cartridge dispensers (they sold them so I was suprized he discouraged the sale) Have either of you found that to be true? I using a regular regulator attached to the larger paint gun tank now and its kind of cumbersome to keep mobile.

I've only used it once. Had no problem at all serving from it, just as you see it.

It's full of beer right now, I'll probably give it a test this weekend.

I love it. I actually wish I had bought he CO2 setup you have so I can transport a keg Sunday.

Did it the longest time with the 5# tank but it was a pia. Homebrewing neighbor got the growler with a set up like this and I was like yes please. I saw they even come with mini regulators but those were big $$$. I figure the beer is already carbonated so when it starts pouring slow then it's time to pull the co2 trigger. Just gotta keep my friends from the trigger or we will have rocket pours lol.

That looks almost exactly like mine, except I used a 3g keg. I like your's better!

[]

That three is sweet! I just went with this size because I could fit two side by side in the yeti. Never hurts to show up to the party with more than one flavor either lol.

How long does the Co2 cartridge last when you are pouring pints?
(assuming the beer is already carbonated)
Also, where did you buy it?

We will find out! This is my first one. Beer going in is already caters....but think how fast you could carb a test batch in one of these off our bigger tanks. I would think hours not days. Super bowl party Sunday I'm taking it. I'm only using co2 one per two kegs. Moving from one to the other as needed. I got mine at northern Brewer, but bet you could find them elsewhere.

I didn't find the pour to be any different than the Perlicks on my keezer or kegerator. And those have 8' of line. As you can see the faucet is attached right to the ball valve and it pours at the same rate as those or just a bit faster. Maybe because the vol lvls of co2 in my beer is spot on? All I know is I'm happy I don't have to drag around bid co2 tanks and kegs and ice etc...wonder if you could push a full 5gal corney with one co2 cartridge before it ran out?

Thanks for posting this....I want one!....It will be my first foray into kegging. :)

Just gotta keep my friends from the trigger or we will have rocket pours lol.
Also the gas disconnect is not rated for the pressure in one of those cartridges. Hold the trigger too long or have a bad connection to the keg and it'll blow the top off. You don't want to be in the way when that happens.

Also the gas disconnect is not rated for the pressure in one of those cartridges. Hold the trigger too long or have a bad connection to the keg and it'll blow the top off. You don't want to be in the way when that happens.

I wonder if the SS disconnects would have a higher rating or cause more damage if it blows off? Probably a sturdy short leash just in case...

Yeah, I think the stainless disconnect is the way to go if you chose to use one of these trigger chargers. I had one of the plastic ones many years ago when I first went to kegging. One time I didn't get it seated properly and pulled the trigger. It embedded the top of the disconnect into the sheet rock above my kitchen counter. The spring and innards bounced and flew across the room. Scarred the crap out of me. My mistake? Sure, but not worth the risk of using it again.

IMO, a 22oz paintball tank is safer, way more economical and not that much more difficult to use when traveling with a keg.

edit:
If you do use a trigger chargers and plastic disconnect in a party situation, I'd suggest hitting the keg with CO2 and popping it off and sticking it in your pocket until it needs another shot.

Dang it guys, why is it every time I think to myself, "well I've finally got that transporting my kegged home brew thing settled" one of you comes along with something else awesome and I consider going out and buying it?

Back