Pineapple wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgremark

Reaction score
I just finished a Boulevard clone but am going to add fresh pineapple juice during the fermentation, one pineapple makes about 14oz of juice with my juicer. What do you think?

TIA and :mug:

You could even wait till the vigorous part of primary fermentation is over. Usually 3-4 days till krausen falls down to 1/2-1" or so. Then add the pineapple juice. You should get a little more flavor that way.

I made a pineapple beer awhile back. I would add juice to the boil and call it golden but I am all done with fruit in secondary.

FYI - If you do not put this in a very low grav beer it will taste like infection...I adjusted the gravity to a light pilsner AFTER the full strength tasted awful. It also is going to need to sit for about 2-3 weeks longer than normal to drive off some odd flavors that come from the pineapple.

All in all not bad but not mind blowingly fantastic. YMMV I brewed mine for a luau party and do not foresee me brewing it again...

Thanks for the reply guys! I hope it taste alright, I did up the ABV a point or so..........................

I've got a pineapple wheat beer going right now. I'm completely skipping any use of actual fruit juice or fruit itself, and just using extract at bottling. It won't be "authentic", but I've read some pretty bad stuff about using the actual fruit or juice in the beer. I figure I'll get the flavor, and that's all I really care about.

I recently brewed a pineapple coconut wheat that was a huge hit at a local beer festival last weekend. I used a basic wheat recipe with cascade for hops. Primary for about 12 days. Toasted a pound of coconut in the oven for an hour and used steeping bags and dental floss to hold them in the keg for about a week.

For the pineapple flavoring, I cut up 3 whole pineapples and soaked them in half part rum half part water for a week then strained over several days. I added it slowly to get to the taste I wanted and it turned out perfect. For future reference I would probably blend up one pineapple, boil and strain it to save money.

Back