Aluminum 3-Tier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How sturdy is it using 1/8" Al? I've got some very cheap 1/16" available to me and if I can use that my Al materials cost would be less than $40.

I added some diamond plate today. I kept a space between the keg burner area's to avoid heat transfer. Only had 3' long pieces but I may add some more on the bottom section to make it more consistent. Enough cutting for today though.

574-diamondboard3-tier.JPG

574-diamondboard3-tier2.JPG

I want to fog it up with my breath and write my name on it!!!!!:rockin:

Just got some PM's from a member about using aluminum for a stand and figured I'd toss an updated pic of my stand out here. Not the best pic but it does show that if the sun hits it right while you're brewing you can go blind! :eek:

3-tier.JPG

Just added a bit more diamond plate (vertical as a heat shield below the HLT) and the pump.

Just got some PM's from a member about using aluminum for a stand and figured I'd toss an updated pic of my stand out here. Not the best pic but it does show that if the sun hits it right while you're brewing you can go blind! :eek:

3-tier.JPG

Just added a bit more diamond plate (vertical as a heat shield below the HLT) and the pump.

It looks like you added a pump to your system but kept it at 3 tiers. Purdy system.

It looks like you added a pump to your system but kept it at 3 tiers. Purdy system.

For now. I still prefer to fly sparge instead of batch. I need another pump if I cut it down and continue to fly. Birthday and holiday seasons just around the corner. ;)

Latest posts

Back