Greeting from Seattle, WA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a 15 year homebrewer from Seattle WA. Looking forward to getting to know all of you, exchanging information and continuing to learn and grow as a brewer.

In the primary
Double IPA
Golden Ale
Belgian Wit

In the secondary
Flemish Style Red

In the keg
Spiced Cherry Dubbel
Scotch Ale aged on Single Malt Scotch soaked oak cubes
Ginger Peach Hefeweizen

Up next
Pale Ale with Brett in the secondary
Coconut Porter
Saffron Triple

Greetings! I am a brand new homebrewer (first batch just went into secondary) from Seattle. We should grab a beer sometime. :p

-Dylan

Llarian said:
Greetings! I am a brand new homebrewer (first batch just went into secondary) from Seattle. We should grab a beer sometime. :p

-Dylan

Sounds good. I live and work downtown so I usually hang out at Collins Pub next to the Smith Tower. Great beer selection! I also frequent Elysian, Big Time and Pike.

While not exactly Seattle, I'm in Redmond but head to Seattle on the weekends from time to time. Maybe we could have a HBT get together for the area some weekend?

Hey Brewtopia,

Where would a guy get the best deal on 200# of grain in your area?I'm looking to buy a bunch of grain to be put on the weekly barge that leaves Seattle.Shipping smaller quantities is killing me in postage so i'm going to the next level.There are a few homebrew places on the web in your area and figured you might have a recommendation or even better sources.I don't want to put you on the spot though:eek: .Thanks and welcome aboard!Cheers:mug:

Pri.1-ShortBlondeAle(AG)
Pri.2-Ideas
Sec.1-NB Dunkelweisen
Sec.2-NB Amer.Wheat
Bottled/Aging/Drinking;) -B3 Stout,NutBrownale,YellowDogAle,Oktoberfest

Man, I love Seattle...I was working up there in 2001 and Diamond Knot was my favorite place to drink at, can't wait to go back. Also love Pike Place area... Oh by the way WELCOME!!!!

You guys trying to organize and compete with GRABASS or something?? Seriously, welcome to the forum. I've got a brother in Bellevue (sp?).

Just out of curiosity, which yeast did you go with for your Fleming Red?

I was going to suggest Mountain Homebrew in Kirkland for the grain as well. John is a great guy and should be able to hook you up. For the Flemish Red I used Wyeast #3278 Lambic Blend which is a blend of top-fermenting Belgian wheat beer yeast, sherry yeast, two Brettanomyces strains and lactic acid bacteria. I pitched it into the primary and fermented two weeks before racking into the secondary with 1/4 oz. French oak chips. It's been in the secondary for 3 months now and is just starting to form a pellicle.

I work downtown as well, although I'm not familiar with Collins Pub.

Good to see there's Seattle folk on here though. (Not that I'm surprised at all)

An area get together sounds like fun one of these days. (Or just a beer after work)

-Dylan

Latest posts

Back