The Secret to Attracting Women

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerthoven

Reaction score
It's so easy. All you have to do is listen to them when they talk, and then ask them questions about themselves. And try not to talk about yourself too much.

I went (was sent :rolleyes:) to a training on how to be a good manager, and there was a segment on developing listening and empathy skills. I decided to try it out on not just the people I work with, but on everyone. Lo and behold, it works like a charm on women! Ever since I started doing this a few months ago, more women than ever have been coming to talk to me about all kinds of stuff. It's amazing! Some of these chicks are actually interesting.

Just goes to prove the age-old adage that people like to talk about themselves more than anything else, and they will seek out others who let them do that. Wish I knew about this before I got married....;)

It's the fact that you are married and are listening that will make you irresitable to every woman BUT your wife. This be a rickety bridge you are walking on my friend. Lack of opportunity is what keeps many of us, ummm, faithful.

If you weren't married, or otherwise beholden, you'd appear desparate, Gay, or be the perfect candidate for a tell all friendship. Uggg.

I alwasy just shook my wener at them,
if that did not work i just moved on....
quicky

i tpye quiker

and like me today , in more ways that one :D

It's the fact that you are married and are listening that will make you irresitable to every woman BUT your wife. This be a rickety bridge you are walking on my friend. Lack of opportunity is what keeps many of us, ummm, faithful.

If you weren't married, or otherwise beholden, you'd appear desparate, Gay, or be the perfect candidate for a tell all friendship. Uggg.
word to that you are headed to the friend pit of no sex, but it depends on the age the older the babe the more puss you can get witht eh shoulder to cry on,, young babes just want an ******* to make them feel unimportant and thenmake them feel important again by boning them.

It's so easy. All you have to do is listen to them when they talk, and then ask them questions about themselves. And try not to talk about yourself too much.

I went (was sent :rolleyes:) to a training on how to be a good manager, and there was a segment on developing listening and empathy skills. I decided to try it out on not just the people I work with, but on everyone. Lo and behold, it works like a charm on women! Ever since I started doing this a few months ago, more women than ever have been coming to talk to me about all kinds of stuff. It's amazing! Some of these chicks are actually interesting.

Just goes to prove the age-old adage that people like to talk about themselves more than anything else, and they will seek out others who let them do that. Wish I knew about this before I got married....;)

That's because they think you have "the gays". ;)

I see one flaw in your system. You have to listen to them.

I had to take a bunch of those "management" classes too and I was amazed how they believe the common worker is as dumb as a rock and can easily be manipulated using those tactics. I was insulted I had to take those classes as well as if I didn't understand that stuff already. Most people immediately want to know what's up the minute their boss shows an interest in them because let's face it, you can only bear to pretend to be interested in someone you are not for so long before you are ready to stick pencils in your eyes. Ask me how was my weekend and then tell me about yours and then done, fine. Ask me about my weekend and then ask me to do something you know I will not like then you are a d-head.

I had to take a bunch of those "management" classes too and I was amazed how they believe the common worker is as dumb as a rock and can easily be manipulated using those tactics. I was insulted I had to take those classes as well as if I didn't understand that stuff already. Most people immediately want to know what's up the minute their boss shows an interest in them because let's face it, you can only bear to pretend to be interested in someone you are not for so long before you are ready to stick pencils in your eyes. Ask me how was my weekend and then tell me about yours and then done, fine. Ask me about my weekend and then ask me to do something you know I will not like then you are a d-head.

In other words just sit them down and be honest with them that you need them to do something you know they are not going to like, but don't belittle them with tactics.

Me listening:- Silent ass scratching looking at ceiling trying not to yawn. Jeezus when will she ever shut up long enough to breathe.

Me asking questions about her:- So, did you always have big tits?

In other words just sit them down and be honest with them that you need them to do something you know they are not going to like, but don't belittle them with tactics.

Methinks if you tell them ahead of time that they won't like it, your chances will dwindle quickly. Let them figure out on their own. Finally, you'll marry the one who will at least tell you she liked it.

Oh wait, weren't you talking about picking up chicks?

Methinks if you tell them ahead of time that they won't like it, your chances will dwindle quickly. Let them figure out on their own. Finally, you'll marry the one who will at least tell you she liked it.

:p I was talking about employees and bosses since he spoke of a management class, guess I could have quoted the previous statement by me but I am glad it provided some entertainment. :D

Actually, this fits perfectly with the idea that the best way to turn a woman on is to show her that you are interested in her. So, by listening (or at least faking listening), you're showing interest, which they find irresistable.

As for being hard to do, yeah, it can be boring sometimes, that's for sure. But the upside is that the people who are most interesting are the ones who are easiest to listen to.

Most people don't realize what poor listeners they are until they start paying attention to it. I know I didn't. Other people really do pick up on whether or not you listen to them, and they respond accordingly.

BTW, I do have a woman who says she like it; we have been together for 9 years, brought a house together two years ago and are engaged. Well a long engagement but still engaged. ;)

BTW, I do have a woman who says she like it; we have been together for 9 years, brought a house together two years ago and are engaged. Well a long engagement but still engaged. ;)

Brought the house together? Was it split down the middle? Oh, 9 years and not married yet. That'll come soon enough. ;)

11 years, 2 kids, 2 mortgages. She says she likes it too but doesn;t ask for it often enough to be beleivable. :p

Brought the house together? Was it split down the middle? Oh, 9 years and not married yet. That'll come soon enough. ;)

11 years, 2 kids, 2 mortgages. She says she likes it too but doesn;t ask for it often enough to be beleivable. :p

We were supposed to be married before we brought the house but we found a house we really wanted and focused on getting that over with first then we wound up enjoying the house and each other so much it got put on the back burner and kind of stayed there. Both names are on everything and we take turns paying the mortgage. Not the best or proper arrangement but it works for now. :)

We were supposed to be married before we brought the house but we found a house we really wanted and focused on getting that over with first then we wound up enjoying the house and each other so much it got put on the back burner and kind of stayed there. Both names are on everything and we take turns paying the mortgage. Not the best or proper arrangement but it works for now. :)

So you really did mean "brought" the house. Sorry, I was ribbing you for a taipo.

**** all you need do to pick up a woman is tell her you own suchandsuch Shoe store ..... And have some shoe samples in the car...yanno from the girl last night.

word to that you are headed to the friend pit of no sex, but it depends on the age the older the babe the more puss you can get witht eh shoulder to cry on,, young babes just want an ******* to make them feel unimportant and thenmake them feel important again by boning them.

"Yes Virginia, they all want to bang you"
The Ladder Theory

Oh, for cripe's sake!

Yadda, yadda, yadda...women are like this, women are like that...blah blah.

You boys jabber about relationships more than my roller derby team. You should be guest hosts of The View. :p

Now, I suppose, I should go shop for shoes or makeup or something? No, wait. I think I'll have another beer and plan my weekend of playing in the mud with my M-37. Hey, Yooper! Wanna go mud bogging while the boys of this thread try to figure us chicks out? :D

:drunk:
(I might be drinking a bit tonight)

Hey Bedlam what's your weapon of choice? If you don't have chicken strips it aint a Harley.

Sweet, drunk chicks in this thread! Well, one really, unless you count all the vags talkin about relationships and stuff. I may have been drinking as well, OR I may be stuck at work and angry. Hard to tell, really.

Oh, for cripe's sake!

Yadda, yadda, yadda...women are like this, women are like that...blah blah.

You boys jabber about relationships more than my roller derby team. You should be guest hosts of The View. :p

Now, I suppose, I should go shop for shoes or makeup or something? No, wait. I think I'll have another beer and plan my weekend of playing in the mud with my M-37. Hey, Yooper! Wanna go mud bogging while the boys of this thread try to figure us chicks out? :D

:drunk:
(I might be drinking a bit tonight)

Aha

I see

yeas, please go on.

aha

(nods with empathy)

Now, Please tell me about yourself.

Hey Bedlam what's your weapon of choice? If you don't have chicken strips it aint a Harley.

mountain_bike_sm.jpg

and

F650_sm_right.jpg

Threadjack warning! But I feel like such a poser right now... bikes are still in storage until we get some work done on the shop we're building. :mad: Because of that, we've got no safe place to park 'em. IF it'll ever stop RAINING, we might get the groundwork done and heavy equipment outta there, then dig the bikes out of storage. I'm pulling my hair out, but there's nothing for it. I'm DYING for a track day! Arrrrgh! :eek:

Get some ugly, fat guy with zits & bad breath to try this in a bar to see if it really works. If it does, he'll get lucky, if not, well, it'll save the rest of us the trouble of trying it ourselves. Personally I hope it works. Regards, GF.

Ha Ha! You tough guys can be as skeptical as you want, but it works. Two examples:

First, a friend and I went to the company cafeteria (which is really nice, BTW) for lunch and a female acquaintance of his joined us. I'd met her before but we had both forgotten each other's names. She incidentally mentioned that she makes pottery. Normally, I would have just let that slide because I'm not interested in pottery. But instead I asked her a question about it, then another based on her response, and just kept the conversation focused on her and her pottery. It was amazing. She was so happy to talk about her pottery work. And you know what, I actually learned some interesting stuff about pottery and have a whole new appreciation of it now. Plus, when she sees me now she smiles and waves and remembers my name. That is a good thing, don't you think? And all from just one 30-minute conversation.

Second, there is this really pretty young woman who works near me. She's probably 15 or 18 years younger than me, and we've barely said two words to each other in the year since she's been here. A while ago we were both in the kitchenette getting tea or something and I noticed she had an ipod strapped to her arm so I asked her what she was listening to. She said "Blur." Now, I like Blur, and being self-centered as I am, I normally would have started talking about what I like about Blur. Instead, I asked what she likes about Blur. We had a good 10-minute long conversation about Blur, and the next day she dropped by my office to give me a CD of theirs I didn't have (13). She smiles and says hi when she sees me and now we also talk about other things. That probably never would have happened had I been a dull boor and talked only about myself during that initial conversation.

People like being paid attention to. This is just basic human nature. You can use it to your advantage or not; it's up to you. If you're not creepy about it, it's amazing how far it will get you with some people, especially women. Men, I've noticed, don't respond as much as the ladies do.

Back