Needle Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHead24

Reaction score
Help!!! I'm looking for a needle valve 1/2" NPT for my B10 to control my jet burners. Ball valve only allows one setting...HIGH!!! I need to swap valves out so I can start my first brew on the B10.

:mug:

Yeah I couldn't find the needle valves a couple of weeks ago and just went with 3/8" ball valves for my BG 14s. Between them and the adjustable regulator I am able to control the flame decently enough.

You are not running any copper tubing to the burners?

No using black pipe. Looks like you are running copper though.

Yeah I couldn't find the needle valves a couple of weeks ago and just went with 3/8" ball valves for my BG 14s. Between them and the adjustable regulator I am able to control the flame decently enough.

I'll have to look into changing to this if I can't find anything. I am running off Natural Gas from the house. My brewery is in the basement. With temps the past two days at -8F I'm not brewing outside.

Are you planning on keeping the ball valve before the needle valve? That's what I do.

Not sure at this point. I may not have room to keep the valves on each burner. I do have shut off valves at the connection to the main line and where it enters the brew room. Besides each burner has a solenoid valve on it as well. Hopefully I can extend the handle on each valve so I won't have to get down on the floor to adjust them.

Needle valves got installed after a brief delay due to length of valves. Yes another delay due to cutting wires on the solenoid valves in order to remove gas line. Hopefully they will be fixed tonight and be able to test the burners ASAP.

Valves are very nice!!!

Needle valves work perfect!!! I can now adjust the flame as I see fit. I'll post pics tomorrow!! First brew on the B10 on Monday!!!:ban:

I got rid of the reg and just used a ball valve. Worked exactly the same and was easier to use. My biggest question is can you turn down the flame low and keep blue flames? Thats what I cant do.

I got rid of the reg and just used a ball valve. Worked exactly the same and was easier to use. My biggest question is can you turn down the flame low and keep blue flames? Thats what I cant do.

Yes I was able to control the flame and keep them blue. I may have to close up a few jets on the burner as well under the mash tun. We'll see how Monday's inaugural brew goes.

Back