My new grain mill cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisl77

Reaction score
After my pasta mill having issues and taking longer and longer to crush grains I decided to purchase an actual grain mill and build a cabinet for it. After alot of research and budget restraints I decided to go with a crankenstien 2S. I figured once i had the gap set i would probably never change it. I left it at the factory gap and the crush looks real good to me so thats where i am going to leave it for now. I took a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood and came up with this.
grainmill1.jpg

grainmill2.jpg

Its motorized with a GE 105.7 rpm gear motor and has no problems thus far. I just got finished milling 13# of grains this morning and it got done in under 5 minutes. Alot faster then my 30 minute crush sessions with my pasta mill and a cordless drill.

Nice setup, all in one and I'm envious of the motor.

I too moved from the pasta roller to a proper mill last summer and love the time savings :)

Good job...once you put some real hp on the grain mill you wonder why you ever tried anything different. I wish I could have a clean setup with a gear motor like you, but I have the pulley system going on mine.

Back