LG 3-MD-HC inlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egurney

Reaction score
The inlet for the LG pump is 3/4" of an inch. Just wondering if people were using a reducer and staying with 1/2" hose or switching to 3/4" hose into the pump?

Thanks,
Eric

+1 used 3/4" to 1/2" bushing from bargainfittings.com with a 1/2" SS nipple I already had. Much more throughput than my March 809 for my whirlpool chiller. I now dedicate the 809 for sparging.

I used a 3/4" close nipple, 3/4" elbow, 3/4" to 1/2" hex bushing, and a 1/2" stainless quick disconnect. Very happy with flow. Want to replace my March pump with another 3-MD-HC :)

7c16dbac77c9e5251c7e5781086de3f4.jpg

Cool. I was looking at prices for 3/4" silicone tubing and ball valves and they were way more expensive.

Thanks all.

That high-temp silicon tubing it crazy stretchy. I'm betting it would fit on a 3/4" barb.

You can also buy connectors that have barbs sizes that don't match the threaded part. (like 3/4" threads and a 5/8" barb, etc)

Walker is right. In fact, it's better to use 5/8" barbs for 1/2" silicone because the restriction is less. That's what I plan to use for the stainless camlock QDs because the ones with the cast in barb is stupid tiny. If I could just find a decent price on some 1/2" NPT to 5/8" barb fittings.

FYI: mainland's online store is an e-bay store and it's not set-up very well. The barbs are only listed with the size of the threaded portion. But, I wrote to them (via ebay messages) when I was poking around and he helped me find the right item with the barb size that I needed.

He also carries items not listed at all on his ebay store (like stainless nipples).

he was really helpful and quick to reply to my messages and said that he I could tell him what all I wanted and he would invoice me via paypal since I wanted items not on ebay.

"That's what I plan to use for the stainless camlock QDs because the ones with the cast in barb is stupid tiny. If I could just find a decent price on some 1/2" NPT to 5/8" barb fittings."

Bobby,
what did you end up going with? I went to the Pro Flow site, and not sure which to order. My LG inlet is 3/4", the rest of the system 1/2". Were you able to find the SS 1/2 npt to 5/8 barb?

I tried to get 1/2 Si tubing over a 3/4 barb and failed. Ended up getting a 3/4 npt to 5/8 barb and it is working great. They had them in stock at the ace down the street.

I can get 1/2 silicone hose over 3/4 smooth barbs, and I suggest these fitting
Do you happen to remember that part number for the one you use on the md3 (3/4")?

Just ordered my barbs from Mainland. I agree, the website is a little confusing.
He said they in fact did not have 1/2 mpt - 5/8"barb. Instead they had two different 1/2-1/2". The SS 304 was standard, and the SS 316 had a slightly "larger" barb ID, (still technically 1/2-1/2 though)

I'll give it a try. Happy to measure the inside ID when I get them if anyone is interested.

$3.50 and $6'ish combined shipping. Good customer service.

Back