Chugger Pump Enclosure 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hafmpty

Reaction score
You can see my Chugger Pump Enclosure 1.0 HERE.

There were various problems with it.
1. The pump got pretty hot relatively quickly. A warning PeteNMA gave me. I don't mind eating crow. He was right.
I'd be careful about the operating temperature of the motor in such a small box. Worth keeping an eye on it when you use it, particularly for extended times.

2. Once I added all the pieces to the pump (tri-clamps, ball valves, vacuum gauge, etc.), it was a little top-heavy.

Well...all that just wouldn't do. So I bought two things to fix my problem. First, a bigger box for greater stability and better air flow. Second, an AC fan. This should solve the heat problems.

So here you go. My Chugger Pump Enclosure 2.0. It is extremely stable. And the fan keeps it nice and cool. I wired it up so one switch controls the fan and another the pump. I have it wired so that the fan can run by itself, but the pump can't. For the pump to run, the fan must be on. This way I can turn the pump off, but keep the fan running to continue to cool the pump down.

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 6.jpg

Can you tell me where you got that wire grommet and what it was called? For the life of me I can't locate them....

Can you tell me where you got that wire grommet and what it was called? For the life of me I can't locate them....

I picked it up at my local Do It Best. Don't know if you have those. I'd check your local hardware stores. You won't find them at the big box stores. Find an ace hardware or some place like that. If you can't find one PM me. I could buy one and send it to you if you cover the cost (maybe $5-$7 total).

Back