Another kegerator build using spacers for support

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Just thought I would share my build on an exsisting tower kegerator build. It was a haier model that can hold 3 kegs. First I driled out 7/8" holes all the way through the door, then took a step bit to the front to open it up just enough to get my (reinforement) 3/4"cpvc couplings. (you have to reem the ID of the cpvc coupling to 7/8" (piece of cake)

When measuring your spacers just stick it inside your bore hole and mark it with a pen, then cut. Ya want them flush with the fridge so the shank has something to tighten down on. Its pretty straight forward and here are some pics cause sometimes its easier to understand if your anything like me, a visual person for sure.

I wanted to really make sure I got these shanks tight without the worry of crushing the foam or breaking the inside plastic door. Sure I could have just put a block in the back, which I also did to really make it strong. Now, the hole that was used for the tower, simply made a plug and sprayed great stuff to insulate. Now I just have to make a nice top for it and it will be ready for beer:)

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Heres the fan, Probably just gonna get an 80mm instead of this nig ole one I have now. Just ran the wire up from the drain.

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

So I replaced the fan with a 80mm, had to back it off the wall a bit to create airflow as well. I recommend installing a fan on any kegerator build.

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Looks nice!

Where did you get that tank clamp? I could use one of those...

Looks nice!

Where did you get that tank clamp? I could use one of those...

It is actually the stock one that came with the kegerator, its a haier model. Im sure it would be easy enough to fabricate one though..

Latest posts

Back