Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That's really fascinating. Please, tell us more.

I became friends of 3 different guys my age in AZ who were the spawn of italian and polish dads from NY that were Packer fans by proxy. The whole NY/Lombardi (practically considered a minority back then) thing. Much like Yankees, Red Sox fan base via generations.

So there's some more :)

I don't think I've ever seen a "professional" football team that was as much of a cluster**** as Dallas was last night. I don't think I've ever seen a QB as ripped at his wideouts and his center as Romo was. He deserved to be - there were some absolutely pathetic performances in that game. The center who kept shotgunning the ball on the wrong snap count? I thought they were going to put him on waivers mid-game. Wow.

indeed, that was incredible. do they have coaches?

and how do the redskins not win that game?

i was really hoping dallas would lose so i could see Jerry's face get red and steam come out of his ears just like Yosemite Sam

"I resign as HC of the NYJ... Miller... Coors... Budweiser. No wait not Budweiser." BB

MillerCoors (a joint venture of SABMiller and MolsonCoors), which has been a sponsor of the Patriots for nearly 10 years, said it negotiated an exclusive beer deal with the team that would begin at the end of this season and run through 2019.

But after the deal was signed and even commemorated with a dinner by the marketing agent working on behalf of MillerCoors and the Patriots sales team, the company says the Patriots decided it was not a valid contract and chose to do the deal, for the same category and time frame of seven years, with Anheuser-Busch InBev.
http://beernews.org/2011/09/millercoors-sues-new-england-patriots-for-breach-of-contract/

Contract cheaters.

I don't think I've ever seen a "professional" football team that was as much of a cluster**** as Dallas was last night.

It's gonna be fun to watch Suh put his helmet through Romo's rib cage next weekend.
And good luck defending Johnson.

_

So after a mere 3 games into the season only 3 teams remain undefeated. Packers, Lions & Bills. Wow.

[I don't think I've ever seen a "professional" football team that was as much of a cluster**** as Dallas was last night.I][/I]

Well, not everybody can run like a fine watch like the Patriots, Oh, wait, I meant the Steelers, dadgummit, the Eagles.

Dwain said:
Well, not everybody can run like a fine watch like the Patriots, Oh, wait, I meant the Steelers, dadgummit, the Eagles.

It is all the same team anymore. Every year it seems we get closer to parity but that's just across the board mediocracy. I'll still take it over baseball.

iaefebs said:
The Pirates hurt your feelings this year?

Why would they hurt my feelings this year as opposed to the last 18? No, it's always going to be like that. They are just a 5A team.

You can get your once every 30 year shot like the Brewers. Then free agency, big wallet teams rip em apart like vultures on road kill.

Packers look mediocre at best, and are lucky to be 3-0. But IMO, that is the best position to be in. Great record with tons to work on.

Also, Prince has emphatically stated he wants to play in the field. That said, if the Soc or Yanks want to pay him $50 mil more to DH, I think he would say yes. I will be sad to see him go. He is a great character and player.

bluemoose said:
I always thought that baseball ended the day football began. Baseball just fills part of the gap between football and well, football.

Literally. The Pirates where in first place until training camp started for the Steelers. Now hockey is back. I love this time of the season.

This is the best time of year. Normally I'd ignore the Tigers, and faithfully tune in to the Lions in hope of a miracle, and eagerly await each hockey game.

But this year, there is something worth watching nearly every night. Sometimes more than 1 thing!

Just gotta get everyone to pray the Rangers lose tonight and hand the Tigers a home field advantage.

Just gotta get everyone to pray the Rangers lose tonight and hand the Tigers a home field advantage.

Posted in the wrong thread. The Rangers are a Hockey team, the Tigers are college Football. Come on man, get it together.

There is only one Patriots team! Only one Red Sox, but I'll post that in another thread!

There is only one Patriots team! Only one Red Sox, but I'll post that in another thread!

Exactly right, one is choking to death right now and the other one is last in the league in defense. I bet that makes the Sam Adams and chowdah go down a little rough.

_

Exactly right, one is choking to death right now and the other one is last in the league in defense. I bet that makes the Sam Adams and chowdah go down a little rough.

_

i'm giggling like a breezy over here!

(15 year old school girl, get it? hey, im in a meeting here...)

2001 world series was awesome.

Back on topic - Hey Oconomowoc, stop being so damn negative :p. Its a rebuilding year for GB.

2001 world series was awesome.

:off:

2001: 2nd best ever
1991: Best Ever!!!!!!!!

PUCKPHU016001.jpg

Been on here the whole time, i'm not buyiny the Lions just yet. I've seen hype before, and it never works out. If they crush Dallas like they should, then maybe.

_

Yeah, yeah. I thought there would be at least a couple others to jump in with a shot. Maybe you are all just conditioned to suck so bad that you are having a hard time believing they could be good.

I think the lions look legit. Plus they will have a huge mid-season pickup in Fairley (sp?).

Been on here the whole time, i'm not buyiny the Lions just yet. I've seen hype before, and it never works out. If they crush Dallas like they should, then maybe.

_

I don't think that is a good barometer. EVERYBODY should beat the Boys, including the Lions. They are horrible

Cowboys looked a lot better on D. And, c'mon... you've got to love Rob Ryan - did you see his playsheet?

rob-ryan-bikini.jpg

rob-ryan-bikini-close-up.jpg

diora-baird-691x1024.jpg

But, not really being a Tony Romo fan I'm real interested to see how that terrible offensive line handles Suh. What's the over/under on holding penalties, 18?

Back