End of the world 5-21-2011?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytsejam

Reaction score
So, I went for a ride a bit ago and not far from my place I see this:

IMG_20100809_123149.jpg

What do I do? There are a couple of large towers (old cable tv towers or phone or something) on the property, if some nut were to climb one of them with a rifle, I would be in range.

Oh, and how would I go about marking that spot and putting that pic on google earth?

Well that's cutting it a little bit close, isn't it? I mean, just from a sales point of view, I mean the sign is just coming out, they're not gonna see any book sales for at least a year. It'll be at least another year before they know whether they've got that mini-series or movie of the week kind of possibilities. I mean just Devil's Advocate. Shouldn't they have said: Hey the worlds going to end in 2014! Or better yet 2016!?

f em if they can't take a joke, right? i mean if it REALLY is going to end, nobody needs to be so niggardly with their sign fund.. that thing should have been at least 50 x 100 feet, radical colors, and cost a MINIMUM of $1500 US to manufacture; not that stolen open-house sign with a piece of butcher paper stuffed with cardboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's stuff like this that makes me ashamed to call myself a Christian. I guess I know what non-jihadist Muslims feel like.

Besides, everyone knows the Mayans got it right: Dec 21 2012.

f em if they can't take a joke, right? i mean if it REALLY is going to end, nobody needs to be so niggardly with their sign fund.. that thing should have been at least 50 x 100 feet, radical colors, and cost a MINIMUM of $1500 US to manufacture; not that stolen open-house sign with a piece of butcher paper stuffed with cardboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait...did you say niggardly?

Nutcase....

Everyone knows that the end of the world will happen on a Saturday. Next Saturday in fact. Just before dinner.

At least according to "Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (1990) "

Good%20Omens.jpg

:D

Nutcase....

Everyone knows that the end of the world will happen on a Saturday. Next Saturday in fact. Just before dinner.

At least according to "Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (1990) "

Good%20Omens.jpg

:D

I LOVE THAT BOOK. Revvy... the more I learn about you the more I think you rock, man.

Wait...did you say niggardly?

yes i most certainly did! it is a damn fine word that more than applies here to THAT sign.

nig·gard·ly
 
 /ˈnɪgərdli/ Show Spelled[nig-erd-lee] Show IPA
–adjective
reluctant to give or spend; stingy; miserly.
meanly or ungenerously small or scanty: a niggardly tip to a waiter.
–adverb
in the manner of a niggard.
Use niggardly in a Sentence
See images of niggardly
Search niggardly on the Web
Origin:
1520–30; niggard + -ly

—Related forms
nig·gard·li·ness, noun

—Synonyms
1. penurious, miserly, mean, tight, avaricious, mercenary, illiberal, close. 2. poor.

—Antonyms
1. generous.

2011, I should have enough beer to last 'till then. 2012, I'll only have 3 10 gallon batches of my lambic done for blending.

I sure hope we have more time to brew than that!! :D

Few years back Coast to coast had 3 different "psychic's" claiming that the world would end at three different dates.

One of them was 2009. I'm banking that was the end of the world and we're all just unaware that we're dead.

Ever see sixth sense?

What an idiot! Everyone knows the end of the world is December 21, 2012!

Niggardly is a good word but I tend not to use it because of people's reactions.

On a side note: has anyone seen the documentary "The N Word"? Good flick exploring the origins, reactions in the Black community, and the reappropriation of it. Samuel L. Jackson is in it and has some hilarious commentary. Caution if you don't like to hear the N word. Obviously, it's used a lot!

Bruce Willis had emotions.. And that one movie "the outsiders" or whatever it was when the woman killed her kids had emotions.

I really see no loopholes in the whole we're dead logic.

I don't see how Samuel L. Jackson could do the commentary for that movie, i recall him being eaten by a shark good day sir.

It is the end of the world, so the entire world would have to be that day right? Or maybe it's just when that day occurs on say West coast time?

A little late now! I already blew my life savings and SWMBO's going to find out what those transsexual hookers any day now!

Back