Is Aluminum Safe??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Is it? I have heard bad things, horrible things....

I also hear it causes one to grow a third nipple. So whether thats your thing on not feel free to use at your own risk

I was hoping for some more violent responses... cmon guys, humor me!

I've heard aluminum is not good at all. I strongly suggest that any beer brewed in aluminum be sent to me for safe disposal. I am a registered beer disposal corporation.

Brewing with aluminum has been linked to increased Moob growth. You look a little thin, maybe in your case this would be a good thing.

I breewes wif aluminumumn. IT is good.

What was the wuestion.? who are all youu adn what are you doing in my compuder?

You should always brew with the most shiny expensive stainless steel pot you can find. The more expensive the better, it shows that you really know what the hell you are doing.

I was hoping for some more violent responses... cmon guys, humor me!

I wouldn't waste my money on one or even use one if it were free boss.
De plane, De plane boss. Welcome to fantasy brew brew boss. I miss that little runt Tatoo.

I had a 4 plus gallon cast aluminum pot given to me that weighed over 20 pounds, it sat in the weather for a least 10 years a rather nasty pot not even good as a planting pot.
My tanker truck friend saw it and gave me some aluminum brightner they use on truck aluminum rims and side fuel tanks. Even cut with water to 50% it was a foaming mess but became bright aluminum after a couple cleaner and nylon brush scrubbings. I boiled in it a coupe times with baking soda as well water with a little salt then a small batch of wort. It still had that sanded aluminum powder dust taste. Gave it to a friend that always boiled crayfish in the mountains, he said he never tasted the aluminum pot. The 'ex wife didn't like my black dirty old 10" cast iron camping frying pan so she scotch bright and scrubbed it with cleanser. It turned to a light brown rust before drying. Had to season it all over again and but the first time used you can taste metallic iron.
Stainless the only way to fly boss.

I was hoping someone would point out that there are about 50 threads on this already lol... yall disappointed m.

I was hoping someone would point out that there are about 50 threads on this already lol... yall disappointed m.

Well, that's 'cause it's you who started it, we figured you were just bored and thought we'd just humor you...or ignore you, more than likely based on the amount of responses on this thread.

MMB, so what you are saying is that if I wear a condom, I can safely brew with Aluminum... this is the information I was looking for.

SO what you are saying is that caustics will dissolve my condom?

I heard that you should never use aluminum given the magnetic properties, or lack there of, of it. Stainless will attract a huge number of finite impurities in the beer, actually cuasing them to stick to the metal, and, in affect, filter them out. Aluminum won't, allowing all of those impurities to stay in the beer during the mashing process. Then, if you BOIL in aluminum, you're basically magnifying the problem ten fold as the boil intensifies the problem by evaporating water, concentrating all of those impurities.

Most of these impurities come in the form of giardia lambia, cryptosporidium and selenium. The HUGE problem with these is that the liver had an extremely difficult time filter these things out of you system once you've ingested them. If you end up drinking a lot of homebrew (and who among us doesn't?) you'll end up with huge quanities of these things in your system for long periods of time. Side affects of having a large concentration of cryptosporidium in your system is excessive gas buildup and lowered sperm count. Giardia lambia will cause loose bowels syndrome and possible anal leakage. Selenium leads to poor muscle control, fatigue, low blood pressure and nausia.

Add poor muscle control to excessive gas buildup, loose bowels and possible anal leakage... combined with low blood pressure and low sperm count and you'll be walking around with no ability to get it up, while you fart and **** all over yourself every ten minutes. No woman would ever want to be near you when you smell like that but even if she did, you couldn't get it up and if were were able to do THAT, you would be shooting blanks.

So for God's sake... PLEASE... don't use aluminum. Or you'll be an impotant diarrea shooter.

I read that somewhere.

True story.

My mom's crazy ex girlfriend wouldn't use aluminum in anything because she read on the internet that certain compounds will get absorbed into your breast tissue and cause cancer. She wouldn't even eat rice that was cooked in an aluminum rice cooker.

Cant cut your nose off to spite your face though....

I bought an aluminum kettle and the next day I came home to brew with it and found it had murdered my entire family.

Latest posts

Back