Two Pail Lauter-Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Charlie Papazain called it a zapap.

I drilled a 1/2 hole and threaded in a 3/8 hose barb. 1/4in pipe threads fit water tight in the 1/2in hole. It needs a short length of high temp tubing.
zp1.jpg

Then drilled the false bottom of the top bucket.
zp2.jpg

And put them together.
zp3.jpg

All in all it's not very easy to use. You have to stop the flow by raising the hose and adjust the runoff speed by crimping it. It's not a very good mash tun so you have to dump the mash in from something else and it doesn't hold very much.

Thanks for the information! I have a valve at the bottom of my bottling pail , so that should work just fine for controlling the exit flow. As for the sparging water, that is another matter.

Keith

I use one too. I use it to make organic hop fertilizer. I fill it with manure & compost, then fill it with water and let it steep in sweltering 90'F heat for a few days.

I call it my Zat-Tap-Crap-Tun! No fittings needed. Drill a 1/4 hole in the side then jam in a 5/16 OD hose. Its really simple work good too. Look at my hop photos, see the link below my sig.

2008_hops_III_005.jpg

Ok, not much help I'm afraid.

Keith

Yah - I know. To your original post I made one and it works.

Obviously theres not much to it, drill one hole in one bucket and several hundred in the other. Jam a hose in, put them together wa-la, there you have it...

I take it you plan on batch sparging.

For what it costs you could by a 10 or 12 gallon cooler and fit together a cheap manifold.

Latest posts

Back