second batch bottling questions about drink date

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almunro89

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First off I wanna say thanks to all the people on here.
I frequent this website for tips and tricks.

Okay so my second batch turned out amazing.
Crystal clear and delicious.
I have a work party on Sunday.(2 days away) and I really want to drink this batch on that day. I was wondering if I was to prime and bottle it tonight if it would be ready to drink on Sunday night. I had a quick sip and it is to die for. A bit of carbonation but tastes like a bud.

Thank you! :)

IMAG1865.jpg

I can't really tell if tasting like a bud is a good thing or not from your post :).

Regardless, if the beer is fresh out of the fermenter the answer to your question is 'no'. Best case I can imagine is a slightly more fizzy beer with some priming sugar still in it.

If you have the ability to force carbonate you could definitely have it ready by then.

Generally you have to wait 2-3 weeks after bottling/priming in order to get decent carbonation. I've had some with passable carb after 1 week, but that was not very common in my experience.

If you want to be able to carb up beers quickly, you need to either start kegging or use PET bottles and a carbonator cap to force carb quickly with CO2 (burst carbing). But I will leave you with the caveat that, in my experience (others are free to and will disagree), burst carbing beers (via keg or PET bottle) is never as good or reliable as low-and-slow methods (whether bottle priming or kegging).

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Unfortunately I don't have fast carbing equipment.
But let's say hypothetically I was to drink it tomorrow is the only things I'll have to worry about is it being fizzy and sweet?

If you drink it tomorrow, it will be flat beer with sugar in it. You need to give the yeast time to consume the sugar you added and produce some CO2.

If you drink it tomorrow, it will be flat beer with sugar in it. You need to give the yeast time to consume the sugar you added and produce some CO2.

I have only bottled and this pretty much says it all.

Someone is going to post about not brewing by a calendar, but 3 weeks at 70 degrees, 3 weeks at 70 degrees,3 weeks at 70 degrees.... It works.

Thank you all. I did a small bottle for a tester, and I agree, it definitely needs a week.

Sorry for being such a nube

Back