How tall is a keg generally? (keggle)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
Building a wood 3 tier stand tomorrow but I gave my keg to a welder buddy to turn into a keggle. If I remember correctly it was about 23" tall.

This is a good reference

keg dimensions.jpg

I know Miller Lite comes in them.

DUDE!!! I wanted the keg, not that drek... You made me puke a bit in my mouth you know...

Might have to go to one of the regional breweries in the next few weeks to see if I can get any of their empty slim 1/4 kegs... :D Those would be PERFECT for fermenting anything I want in... I'll still keep the 4 1/6 size kegs though, since I still plan to either ferment or age in them. If I can't get the slim 1/4 kegs, then these will turn into fermenters too... maybe keep two for aging and use two to ferment in... :rockin:

LOL - Get your BMC friends to drink it! :rockin:

Hmmmm... I think all of my true friends have higher standards than that... :rockin:

I do need to take a picture of one of the 1.6 kegs and send it to one of my uncles... It's a Molsen keg... :drunk: That's pretty much all he drinks... Two of the others are 'Boston Beer Co' kegs with the last being a AB keg (ick)... Think that last one is the dirtiest... I have it with some PBW in it right now, hoping it will get the crap out of it... I'll use the keg cleaner in it later on...

Most quarter kegs now come in slim form. well that is in florida i cant find a short 1/4.

Back